Xqj.essaytyper.cloudns.cx #Atticus finch courage essay
Home >> Uncategorized >> Atticus finch courage essay

Atticus finch courage essay

Oct/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Atticus Finch Essay Example for Free

Atticus finch courage essay

Academic Proofreading -
Atticus Finch Courage Essay - 1402 Words

Black British Soldiers The Forgotten Fighters. Atticus Courage Essay? Caribbean Soldiers from WW2. Controlling Essay? In the courage essay, early years of the second world war, Britain made frequent requests for help from its colonies. One man to respond was Billy Strachan. Like most Jamaicans at the time he regarded Britain as his homeland, and enlisting it seemed a natural option. #8220;I went to the British Army camp in Jamaica to ask about being sent to Britain to join the thesis on piezoelectric materials, R.A.F, but I was laughed at and told to find my own way there#8221;. Atticus Essay? #8220;I then went to the Jamaica Fruits Shipping company, which had some boats coming from Britain four of the middle class white people fleeing from the war, and persuaded them to let me have a passage back for ?15. I didn#8217;t have ?15, so I sold my bicycle and idea essay, saxophone to raise the fair#8221;. On arrival in Britain Strachan had no idea how to enlist, and so he headed off to the Air Ministry in London. #8220;I hadn#8217;t heard about the recruiting stations and the guards thought I was taking the Mickey when I said I wanted to join up. Luckily, a Hooray Henry, Officer type, overheard us and said: #8220;oh you#8217;re from Jamaica, one of our colonial friends. Finch? Welcome. I did geography at university and thesis statements, I#8217;ve always been impressed by you West Africans.#8221; Thanks to his supreme ignorance I was dragged in, and was eventually sent to the RAF unit in Euston for a medical.#8221; Billy Strachan went on atticus to serve both as an Air Gunner and pilot for Bomber Command, and was a member of the only crew of 99 Bomber Squadron to cover finish a tour of atticus finch, 30 trips alive.

Once the war ended many black servicemen felt that their efforts were one appreciated. #8220;It was as if it was okay but was to resume cover buzzwords be over here while there was an emergency, but in 1945 we weren#8217;t wanted any more,#8221; says Laurent Philpotts, Public Relations Officer for the West Indian ex-service men and women#8217;s association. After I was demobbed in essay Nottingham a Padre said to cause and effect essay people me: #8220;When are you going home?#8221; I was shocked; if a Padre could say that, what must everyone else to be thinking?#8221; Black Ex Servicemen feel neglected. 50 years on, nothing much has changed. Black ex-servicemen still feel neglected by the military establishment and believe they are not afforded the same privileges and facilities as veterans from the white Commonwealth countries. Courage Essay? Last year they felt snobbed at not being included in the D-Day Commemorations, and it has only materials been through a last-minute interventions from leading black figures, such as Bernie Grant, that has ensured invitations for the V.E.Day have been extended to courage the Gov. Gen. of Jamaica and atticus finch essay, the president of Trinidad. The old black British soldiers have not been so lucky. Essay? Earlier this year and the West Indian ex-service men and women#8217;s association was sent some forms inviting its members to resume cover letter apply for seating at the VE day commemorative events, but none has been successful. Unsurprisingly, the atticus courage, Association has decided to thesis hold its own commemorative program. Since the vast majority of black and atticus, Asian veterans were fighting in the #8220;Forgotten#8221; war in Burma, Malaya and Africa, and most accounts of the war have been written from a Eurocentric perspective by white historians, there has been an inbuilt tendency to discount the contribution in their literature. Yet, even in controlling those books which focus on atticus the campaigns in which black and about reagan, Asian troops were involved, there has been a predisposition to be little better role.

Colonel Ismail Khan who served with the atticus courage, Indian Army in Malaya has particularly strong feelings about this. #8220;There is always the courage, sense that the Indian troops weren#8217;t quite as good as the British, and the writers have tended to atticus easy to ignore their efforts or to contend them by attacking their fighting spirit or exaggerating the desertions.#8221; For those children whose grandparents ER either dead or living overseas, the opportunities for learning even an oral history are extremely limited. Many black and Asian ex-servicemen now recognise that they have a responsibility to on piezoelectric materials write their own history. Atticus Finch Courage Essay? One institution firmly behind such moves is the Imperial War Museum. Anita Ballin: the museums education officer, says: #8220;There is material on controlling the black war effort here at the moment, but you have to look pretty hard to find it, and many people have asked for more information.#8221; In response to such requests the museum has assembled in multimedia resource pack entitled to atticus finch courage gather for use in schools and which will also be available through public libraries. Ballin hopes that it is just the first step. #8220;In time I would like the Museum to stage either a special exhibition or for cover letter more material to be included in the permanent displays.#8221; Such efforts are more than welcome, but the atticus finch courage, black and Asian ex-servicemen realise that it will take a great deal more to shift the underlying attitudes. During the war, and black people were still a comparatively rare sight in this country, the racism they encountered was minimal, but that soon changed in the post war years. While the controlling idea, rest of Britain set about building a country fit for heroes, black people found that the atticus finch courage, country for thesis about ronald reagan which they had fought was denying them access to equal jobs and accommodation. #8220;It seem as if no sooner had one to many and then another began,#8221; says Laurent Phillpotts. #8220;But just like the last war it#8217;s a battle we are slowly winning.#8221; Related Articles on this site. Imperial War Museum Online Collection Jamaican.

Imperial War Museum Online collection African Soldiers. Margins to Mainstream screening tour. 19 thoughts on “ Black British Soldiers The Forgotten Fighters ” Hi i have read the above article with interest, i cannot undo the past but the present i can and will change. Atticus Finch Courage? I am currently the Birmingham County Chairman of the Royal British Legion and for form download six months i have been very pro active with supporting the West Indian Regiments Standards and have included their participation at all of the Events being held in the City. I can say that fellow veterans have warmly received and recognised the efforts and sacrifice of the West Indian and Asian past and present service. This year the Standards have been paraded with the atticus finch courage, dignity and sombre reflection of past sacrifice. Next year i will be pushing forward and hope to have the West Indian Regiment Standards on duty at the Royal Albert Hall.

Keep up the good work. Just watching the parade on TV and on piezoelectric materials, not one black veteran has been included in the parade, absolutely disgusting. David thanks for being part of the solution for this egregious omission of courage by atticus essay, black soldiers. I look forward to materials seeing change in this lifetime. This is so encouraging. God bless you and may the Joy of the Lord be your strength as you seek out truths. Memories don#8217;t leave like people do mostly out of necessity. Thanks so much. For much more on WWII, please read my new book: World War II: Colonies colonials. This looks at military, financial and other contributions, the #8216;Home Fronts#8217; in terms of political activism and jailings etc, both in the colonies (incl. Finch Courage? India) and in the UK.

It ends with the beginnings of the post-war struggles for controlling idea independence. ?6 incl. Finch Courage? pp. Please email me. I watch the A H C , History channel, etc, have never seen a Black face in statements about ronald the British military on courage any program that pertains to WW II. Why do u never see a black fighting for the Brits ?Pl . explain! because they didn#8217;t see any action in EU on ground. only real sport been parts middle east Africa. they never allow man from other country#8217;s onto on homeless there land. France still does it to day with there foreign legion.

Well Kenneth Roberts of the 21st Independant Parachute Company was black and was killed during OP Market Garden. Looking back at the old timers i was taken back. Finch Courage Essay? I knew 1000#8217;s of black join the forces but you never hear a thing. When i see old books with black people in it i get very emotional. I was in the army join up in 1973 it was a hard choice for me coming from thesis, a family of 7 in a 3 bed in Stockwell South London it was tuff. Carry out finch essay, my Schooling in South london a school by cause and effect essay, the name of Kennington School in White Horse. I had a primitive education I get by. My Days in the forces was good I enjoy learning new skills and finch courage, put those skills to good use. But after that was over I felt let down, I had nowhere to turn, had no one in my corner. During the time in the forces I found a lovely and caring lady we was young and in about love we decided to have a family she was in East London and I was in Ireland we had to work hard at the relationship, we had a son. I made it on my own pushing the army behind me, and got on with my life.

I am very disturb to here of these shocking stories of black servicemen.I joined the Army in 1962 in Barbados .Done my training in Hampshire and Warwickshire before being posted to Cyprus and then Germany.I now live in Canada with my wife who trained as a nurse at Edgeware General Hospital.I talk about the Army daily and all the essay, good things that I received but these kind of stories are shocking .Wish I was there to work with those who are pushing for recognition for the black service people. he ddint do anything big or great why would they talk about him? tons white guys they dont talk about them! if you want talk about you have to on piezoelectric do something great. India guy British army attacked 3 Japanese troops got staved with a sword pulled killed 5 of finch courage, them ran miles back to camp and made a report to resume buzzwords the officer!! was first none britsh person get a high medal! I am now just qualifying as a teacher and my aim in life is to atticus finch courage essay provide a Black Curriculum. This gives a voice to the invisible and those marginalised by controlling essay, indirect and atticus, direct racism. My next teaching session is about black soldiers in WW2, their participation and the difficulties they experienced. It is never right to collude with racism in all its abhorrent forms, its time to stand up and be counted.

Black soldiers men and women in the british forces have a right to their history as they would remember and document it. Not for the white privileged to tell it how they see it. Spread the materials, word. Atticus Courage Essay? stfu with that white privileged shit! they dont talk about them because they didn#8217;t do anything at all idiot. dont talk about all white boys every battle just big informants ones. whites from thesis, other countrys they hated and dont talk about or give credit to. Courage Essay? how about cause on homeless, this one talk about blacks in the WAFFEN SS. Does anyone know where I can find details of any black british soldiers involved in the Korean war? I#8217;ve just read this as I was reading a article on my late grandfather#8230;.. and I am glad to say I was brought up in east London and have friends and finch courage essay, family of every race#8230;. and was honoured to meet many of his fellow comrades or brothers#8230;. and all through my school days been educated enough to know how important every person and country was to ronald making life as we know it happen#8230;.. and my grandad george #8216;sandy#8217; ferris a commando who enlisted because his home life was so tuff didn#8217;t talk much about the finch courage essay, fighting but of the honour of the Gurkhas and the pilots of from the essay, West Indies and atticus finch essay, the bravery of the Indian army#8230;.like a lot of important history it will be forgot or not remembered but to some of atticus finch courage, us your British heroes. I just thought. My old English teacher Joe Culverwell at Stationers Company School London N.8 in finch courage essay the 70s was a black soldier in WW2. Hi Tony, What more info can you find out about him? NOw there#8217;s a challenge.

The National Archive might be a good place to find out his War records? I am an American retired black soldier. I came across your messages by luck. I wanted to obtain information regarding black soldiers serving in the military during WW2. I was very surprise to atticus courage find very little info. I am sure blacks lived in Britain at that time. Were they allowed to serve? From my understanding, there was a large community of blacks living in England at that time and from my studies, England was in need are men for the war. So, where we#8217;re the black men?

American black military men did served in WW2 but not many. However, there is a history of atticus courage essay, their participation. Atticus Essay? If anyone can assist me in locating information regarding the Blacks that served in courage essay British military, please let me know. Thanks. Thesis About? Hi Charles, thanks for your comment. Atticus? I#8217;m sorry that you couldn#8217;t find what you were looking for. There are a few articles on the site regarding black soldiers. The majority are focused on the instances of Black Britons. This category has the atticus finch courage, articles, but don#8217;t forget to use the courage essay, #8216;Previous#8217; link at the bottom left.

Hope you find something that interests you. On Homeless People? African American History (99) African History (193) Black Britain (261) Black Footballers (20) Black History (191) Black History Books (24) Black History Month UK (156) Black People in Europe (127) Black Soldiers (57) Black Sports Stars (41) Black Women (104) Caribbean History (168) Editors Blog (22) Guest Blog Posts (22) Slavery (46) Help to Keep This Site online. Please Support by Donating ?1.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -

How to Write a Masterpiece of a Resume. This award-winning guide to resume writing will teach you to write a resume equal to one done by a top-notch professional writer. It offers examples, format choices, help writing the objective, the summary and other sections. It is one of the most trusted resume-writing guide on the planet, recently updated, and viewed by more than 20 million people. Define your target market Play up transferrable skills Key in on the tribe. First: Focus Your Objective Your Summary Skills and Accomplishments. Own your digital footprint Use social media to your advantage Leverage keywords. Visual appeal, format, and length Consistency Details that matter. Writing a great resume does not necessarily mean you should follow the finch essay, rules you hear through the grapevine. It does not have to be one page or follow a specific resume format.

Every resume is statements about ronald reagan a one-of-a-kind marketing communication. It should be appropriate to atticus finch courage your situation and do exactly what you want it to do. Instead of form resume, a bunch of rules and tips, we are going to cut to the chase in this brief guide and atticus, offer you the idea essay, most basic principles of writing a highly effective resume. Who are we to be telling you how to write your resume? Our specialty at Rockport Institute is career change coaching, counseling and consulting. We help clients design and change to a new career or job, one they will love; work that makes full use of their talents, fits their personality, their values, and atticus finch, is also practical, from Fortune 500 C.E.O.s, mid and early career professionals, artists, technical people, millenials, and others in nearly every field of endeavor. Our staff has been commended for excellence by two U.S. presidents. Our first book, The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of ronald reagan, Satisfaction and Success was a top-10 national bestseller.

That is our one and only specialty. Atticus Finch Courage Essay? If you think you may be in the wrong career, check out our main website. The most difficult resumes to write are those of resume buzzwords, career changers since they depend on courage essay thinking out a clear marketing proposition. So, we are resume experts, but WE DO NOT WRITE RESUMES. A resume for a mid-level professional can easily cost $1000.

With this guide, you can do it yourself. The good news and the bad – The good news is that, with a little extra effort, you can create a resume that makes you stand out as a superior candidate for a job you are seeking. Not one resume in a hundred follows the principles that stir the interest of prospective employers. And Effect On Homeless? So, even if you face fierce competition, with a well written resume you should be invited to interview more often than many people more qualified than you. The bad news is that your present resume is probably much more inadequate than you now realize. You will have to learn how to think and write in a style that may be new to atticus essay you. If you’ve been online trying to make sense of cause and effect people, all that’s out essay there about thesis about ronald, resume writing – much of courage essay, it conflicting advice – stay right here. Materials? We have the final word on those nagging questions (Length? Format? Font? Keywords?).

We have clear, no-nonsense guidance based on thousands of real-life success stories. Here’s how to atticus do it yourself, broken down in 10 parts. Our guide is based on essay one fundamental premise: Your resume is a marketing document. It’s not the history of your past; it’s an courage, ad. You’re selling yourself to form resume download the employer, and competing against other people who are attempting to do the same thing. A great resume doesn’t just tell them what you have done but makes the same assertion that all good ads do: If you buy this product, you will get these specific, direct benefits . It presents you in the best light. It convinces the employer that you have what it takes to be successful in this new position or career. Atticus Courage? It inspires the prospective employer to pick up the atticus courage, phone and ask you to come in. YOU’RE ADVERTISING YOURSELF. Here’s a key thing we know based on deep research: Every resume is a one-of-a-kind marketing communication. It should be appropriate to your situation and do exactly what you want it to do.

The reality is atticus courage that most resumes fail to stir the interest of courage essay, prospective employers. So, even if you face fierce competition, with a well-written resume you should be invited to interview more often than many people – even people more qualified than you. A great resume doesn’t only tell the employer what you have done. It makes the same assertion that all good ads do: If you buy this product, you will get these specific, direct benefits. It presents you in the best possible light. It convinces the employer that you absolutely have what it takes to be successful in this new position or career. The very best marketing is research-based marketing. So, do your research. Visit the atticus essay, employer’s website often and materials, follow the organization on essay social media. (Do this of thesis materials, course after doing any necessary cleanup of your social media profile – more on finch that in cover letter buzzwords, Section 8 of this guide, WORK ALL THE DIGITAL ANGLES .) What types of accomplishments do they celebrate and how can you weave similar accomplishments into your resume? What kind of language do they use to describe achievements? If almost everything is “significant” or “breakthrough,” how do you tactfully place those words in various sections of your resume?

You have to finch courage essay know your customer’s needs – and have a very clear sense of the skills they’re looking for in their ideal job candidate. Our experience shows that your resume must demonstrate that you have at statements ronald reagan least 70% of atticus finch courage, a job’s requirements to have a legitimate hope of form resume, landing an interview. Do all the research you can, from online searches and social media tracking to networking with people you know. Atticus Finch Courage Essay? If you know anyone who works there, definitely approach them for a conversation – or better yet, coffee or lunch. TIP: Avoid HR at this stage: HR teams are constantly pushing back on unsolicited inquiries from people who want jobs. A sobering fact is reagan that job recruiters spend an average of six seconds on every resume as they sort through digital stacks of applicants.

So, focus on the employer’s needs, not yours . It is imperative that you take what you learn during your research and apply it as you customize your resume. There is no shame in adjusting your resume to appeal to your target audience; in fact, the opposite is true. It would be inadvisable not to adapt your resume – even if slightly – for each job application. Imagine that you are the atticus courage essay, person doing the hiring. This someone with skin in the game. Thesis Statements About? Often, it’s the person who is responsible for the bottom-line performance of the finch courage essay, project or team you hope to join. This is someone who cares deeply how well the job will be done. You need to write your resume to on piezoelectric appeal directly to him or her: If this person thinks you can be an asset and help make them look good, you have a real shot. To reiterate: Your resume is finch a very informed, targeted advertisement.

At the end of the day it’s an ad…nothing more, nothing less. 2. YOUR RESUME’S #1 JOB: LAND AN INTERVIEW. It’s critical to always bear in mind that your resume is a tool with one specific purpose: to win an controlling idea, interview. Finch Courage Essay? If it doesn’t, it isn’t an effective resume. So how do you prevail? First, embrace some basic truths about the job-seeking landscape. First, let go of any misguided preconceptions about what your resume is: It’s not about you. Courage? Like any strong piece of courage, advertising, it’s not about the product being sold – it’s about the thesis, buyer and what they want. Consider Coke advertisements: They say very little about the soft drink; they say a lot about how people who drink the atticus finch courage, beverage are happy and reagan, have a lot of happy people around them.

The focus is on the benefits of drinking Coke. Your resume is about the benefits of hiring you. Your resume is not a place to brag; nor is it a place to be modest. Finch? Its sole purpose is to generate interest in you. What differentiates you from the competition. In addition to including all relevant information about your skills, background, accomplishments, etc. Atticus Finch Courage? (see Section 5 and Section 6), find ways to include details that could generate curiosity.

Were you born in a different country? Is there community or volunteer work that’s appealing? Are you fluent in multiple languages? Did you go through college in three years – or later in life? These are real people reading your resume, and maybe there’s a fact about you they’ll relate to or find interesting. What does that mean? In The Pathfinder, we discuss how roughly 75% of people have a personality type we describe as Tribal. They are group workers, usually most successful and finch, satisfied working with and resume cover letter, through other people as members of an atticus courage, organization, group, or ‘tribe.’” They are at their best when they are attuned to controlling the tribe and contributing to atticus finch courage its goals. (For the atticus finch, record, the other 25% are what we call Maestros who identify as specialist – e.g., “I am a software developer” versus “I work for Microsoft” – for more, see The Pathfinder.) Back to the tribe: If you’re selling yourself to an organization, you’re selling yourself to a tribe.

The tribe’s members will have to be convinced that you’re “one of finch, them.” Use the research conducted in Section 1 to inform your approach in how you construct and write your resume. Consider the controlling, scenario of two tribes living on atticus courage opposite sides of a lake. If you want to be hired by controlling essay the tribe across the lake, you want to appear as though you’re already one of them. This will inform everything you put in your resume – from the adjectives you use to the aspects of your education and work experience that you emphasize, to the outside interests you include. Atticus Finch? If the employer’s mission statement includes language about “customer focus” and its website talks about idea, “innovation,” those words should be reflected in your resume (in a not-too-obvious way). If the employer is “results-driven” and cares about “sustainable solutions,” make it clear that you are results-focused and understand the importance of sustainable progress. You have to learn how to write powerful but subtle advertising copy.

An effective way to do this is to think of finch courage, it as telling an introductory story. When you meet someone, you want to know “their story,” right? It’s the atticus courage essay, same for that hiring manager looking at your resume. It’s important that all of the information you present fits together cohesively, and helps the hiring manager understand your background, skills and capacities, and the educational and work experiences that have led to you to where you are today. While you are selling a product, you shouldn’t “hard sell” or make any claims that are not true. Most employers respond to finch courage resumes that are both impressive as well as credible. They are not fond of atticus courage, hyperbole; they also have no way of knowing if you’re being overly-modest. It’s a balancing act. 3. KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF RESUME YOU’RE WRITING.

There are three basic types of resumes: Chronological, Functional, and “Combined” Chronological – Functional. Generally speaking, we prefer the Combined approach – but this decision should be informed by the type of job you’re seeking and courage essay, the type of employer you’re seeking to impress. For example, if you’re applying for a job in a more traditional field such as law, science, or engineering, a Chronological approach would be best. If you are changing your career or returning to the job market after a break, a Functional resume is the way to and effect essay go. A Combined approach offers the atticus finch courage, most flexibility; and if you’re in a creative field, you might make modifications to cause and effect essay people a Combined format that showcase your artistic eye or style. At the end of the day, it’s all about generating the best marketing copy to sell yourself. The chronological resume is the more traditional resume structure.

The Experience section is the focus of the resume; each job (or the last several jobs) is described in some detail, and there is no major section of essay, skills or accomplishments at the beginning of the resume. This structure is primarily used when you are staying in the same profession and in the same type of work. It is also commonly used in certain fields such as law and form resume, academia. We recommend that the chronological resume always have an finch courage essay, Objective or Summary for the reader. Advantages: This approach may appeal to more traditional readers and essay, may be best in conventional or conservative fields. Finch? It makes it easier to understand what you did in what job, and may help the name of the employer stand out (if it’s impressive). The disadvantage is that it is much more difficult to highlight what you do best. This format is rarely appropriate for someone making a career change.

The functional resume highlights your major skills and finch essay, accomplishments from the very beginning. It helps the atticus finch, reader see clearly what you can do for them, rather than having to read through the job descriptions to find out. Actual company names and positions are in a subordinate position, with no description under each. There are many different types of essay, formats for functional resumes. The functional resume is essay a must for career changers, but is form resume download very appropriate for generalists, for those with spotty or divergent careers, for those with a wide range of skills in their given profession, for students, for finch courage, military officers, for homemakers returning to the job market, and for those who want to make slight shifts in form, their career direction.

Advantages: It will help you most in reaching for a new goal or direction, and it is highly recommended for such purposes. The disadvantage is that it isn’t easy for the employer to quickly discern exactly what you did in each job (which could be a problem for some conservative resume reviewers). A combined resume includes elements of both the chronological and functional formats. Atticus Finch Courage? It may be a shorter chronology of job descriptions preceded by a short “Skills and Accomplishments” section – or with a longer Summary including a skills list or a list of essay, “qualifications”). It can also be a standard functional resume with the accomplishments under headings of different jobs held. There are important advantages to this combined approach: It maximizes the atticus essay, advantages of both kinds of resumes, avoiding potential negative effects of either type. One disadvantage is that it tends to be a longer resume. Another is that it can be repetitious: Accomplishments and form resume, skills may have to be repeated in both the “functional” section and the “chronological” job descriptions. 4. Atticus Finch Courage? GUIDANCE FOR A CAREER CHANGE RESUME. Clearly, career change has become a new norm of working.

As we noted in Section 3, a career-change job search calls for a Functional resume. DEFINE YOUR TARGET MARKET. “Target market” in form resume download, advertising refers to people a company aims to turn into customers. In your career-change job search, your target is the atticus finch essay, collection of specific organizations that might hire you to do what you want to do…where you want to do it. Start with geographic requirements – is the world…. or Seattle? Within that geographic area, target the type of resume cover, organization that interests you: profit-making, non-for-profit, or government? What kind of atticus finch essay, business or industry? What size organization?

Once you have your parameters, identify specific employers and learn all you can about resume, them. What is atticus finch their history? What do they emphasize in their messaging? Who are the decision makers? What is cover letter buzzwords their hiring philosophy?

What kind of work culture is it? In addition to digging around online and in social media, use your networking skills to learn all you can to help inform how you customize your resume. PLAY UP TRANSFERRABLE SKILLS. Jobs in very different professional fields can often have a number of similar requirements. Finch Courage? Let’s say that you want to go from form resume download, a marketing position in a pharmaceutical firm to a fund-raising role for a not-for-profit. What are the atticus finch courage, skills you’ve already demonstrated that are applicable?

They may be more than you think. Consider these possibilities: Time management Project management Collaboration Persuasive communicating Strong decision-making Composure under pressure Innovative problem-solving. You should also be prepared to materials speak to atticus finch courage your motivation for a career change. You can weave a little of this into your Objective, then also be prepared to write about it briefly in form resume download, your cover letter, and then of course speak to it when you land an interview. As a career changer, you are effectively moving from one tribe to another. Within the bounds of integrity, the story you tell has to explain why the tribe you now want to enter is really the finch, right one for you (and not the other one). This is another instance where research is finch essay critical. Go to LinkedIn and similar sites and take a look at a good number of resumes of atticus finch essay, people seeking similar jobs.

Also, tap into your circle of colleagues, friends, and family. About Reagan? Tune into the axis we call the Quality of Transactions in The Pathfinder. The basic premise of this model is that the closer you are to connections that are “hot” (e.g., someone high up in the organization is willing to go to atticus finch bat for you) versus “cold” (no connections and and effect on homeless people, a basic resume submitted), the more likely you are to have quality transactions that can result in getting you hired. Even somewhere in the “warm” range – maybe you know someone who knows someone in a position to help – is highly preferable to coming in cold. And create partners: Scan the connections of your connections on LinkedIn. Then follow up energetically (more on this in Section 7 on finch courage essay Digital Angles). TIP: There tends to be higher scrutiny of career changers, so the idea, extent to which you can gain traction within the tribe is of fundamental importance. 5. THE JUICE: YOUR ASSERTIONS SECTION. In most cases, a great resume has two main sections.

In the first, you make assertions about your abilities, qualities, and achievements. You write powerful, but honest, advertising copy that grabs the reader’s attention. (Exceptions to this are resumes targeting generally conservative fields such as law, science, or engineering.) The second section, the evidence section, is where you back up your assertions with evidence that you actually did what you said you did. This is where you list and describe the jobs you’ve held, your education, etc. Atticus Courage Essay? And if you have opted to pass on an Assertions section, you have to build a powerful evidence-based resume that builds the case for you as a candidate – with especially compelling skills and accomplishments summarized in the top half of the first page. The real juice in your resume is what you assert about yourself right up front. Form Resume Download? This is where you shine.

The hard truth based on research: Only one interview is granted for atticus finch essay, every 200 resumes received by the average employer. Research also tells us that your resume will be quickly scanned, rather than read. You have only seconds to persuade a prospective employer to read further. The top half of the first page of your resume will either make or break your chances. Ask yourself: What does the employer really want? How would you fill those shoes? What would set a truly exceptional candidate apart from a merely good one? If you are not sure what would make someone a superior candidate, you can gather intel from the job postings you see, and/or from people who work in the same company or the same field. You could even call the cause essay on homeless, prospective employer and essay, ask them what they want.

Don’t make wild guesses. Write down everything you have ever done that demonstrates that you’re the right fit for the job and the prospective employer. You don’t have to confine yourself to work-related accomplishments. TIP: Use your entire life as the palette to controlling idea essay paint with. The point is to cover all possible ways of thinking about and communicating what you do well. What are the talents you bring to the marketplace? If you are making a career change or are a new to atticus finch the job market, you are going to have to be especially creative in and effect on homeless, getting across what makes you stand out. This initial brainstorming focus will generate the raw material from which you craft your resume. So many resumes we see make a gallant effort to atticus finch courage essay inform the essay, reader. Finch? But we don’t want the employer to be informed; we want them to be interested and curious.

In fact, it’s best to leave your reader with a few questions they would like to ask you. In your assertions section, state your Objective – your intended job. Thesis On Piezoelectric? Ideally, your resume should convey why you are the perfect candidate for atticus courage, one specific job or job title. Form? There is debate out there about whether to state an Objective, but generally speaking, we think it’s a good idea. If you’re in a creative field or have gained insights suggesting that the atticus courage, employer would prefer an outside-of-the-box approach, perhaps you forego an Objective. Keep it to the point, and thesis about ronald, keep the employer front and center as your write. Consider this example.

The owner of a small software company advertises for an experienced software salesperson. A week later they have 500 resumes. The applicants have a bewildering variety of atticus finch essay, backgrounds, and cause and effect essay, the employer has no way of knowing whether any of them are really interested in atticus finch essay, selling software. Then the employer spots a resume that starts with the following: “OBJECTIVE – a software sales position in an organization seeking an extraordinary record of generating new accounts, exceeding sales targets and enthusiastic customer relations.” This is a fit . Not only does this candidate want the materials, job, they want to atticus make a real contribution. Job-seekers often make the mistake of statements ronald, saying something like, “a position where I can hone my skill as a scissors sharpener.” Examples follow.

In all of these examples, the atticus, underlined words and phrases could be interchanged with words and phrases relevant to your expertise, industry, and the type of materials, role you are seeking. In this example, the statement is not preceded by the word “Objective.” Experienced IT professional offering more than five years of hands-on experience in programming , web development , and IT trouble-shooting , and atticus courage, seeks leadership role in leading digital organization. In this example, you see a collection of brief descriptions versus a formally stated objective in controlling idea essay, a grammatically complete sentence. Strategic thinker and courage essay, communicator . Expert storyteller . A decade of atticus finch courage, deadline -driven on-air reporting . Ready to pivot to executive producer role. In this example, the finch courage essay, applicant uses a first-person approach to a creative role. “If the client wants a logo people will remember, I give them one people will never forget. If they want their brand to communicate , I make it sing .”

In this example, the job-seeker approaches a traditional job role with a traditional string of on piezoelectric, statements. CPA and atticus, CIA with 15 years of experience in financial services for global organizations. Financial strategist with track record for idea, onsidered and decisive recommendations , as well as thorough compliance with all federal, state, and finch courage, internal regulations . Excels at individual as well as collaborative efforts. Known for thesis about, work ethic and integrity. In this example, you see a more traditional approach by a recent graduate seeking an atticus, entry-level role in a conventional job sector. OBJECTIVE: A starting position in an engineering organization where leading-edge skills and cover buzzwords, deep commitment to every project would be an asset to the company and its people. TIP: The point of finch, using an Objective is to create a specific psychological response in the mind of the atticus finch essay, reader. Courage Essay? If you are making a career change or have a limited work history, you want the thesis about reagan, employer to immediately focus on atticus where you are going, rather than where you have been. If you are looking for another job in your present field, it is controlling essay more important to stress your qualities, achievements and abilities first. It is sometimes appropriate to include your Objective in finch courage, your Summary section rather than have a separate Objective section.

The “Summary” or “Summary of Qualifications” consists of thesis statements about ronald reagan, several concise statements that focus the reader’s attention on your most important qualities, achievements, and abilities. (NOTE: If you are on LinkedIn, it is important that the summary in your resume be reflected in what you have in atticus finch courage, your LinkedIn summary. You have a lot more space to work with in on piezoelectric materials, LinkedIn, so they needn’t match exactly, but they should be close enough that they show consistency. You should be recognizable as the same person!) The things you mention should be the atticus finch, most compelling demonstrations of courage, why you should be hired – not the other candidates. This is your brief window of atticus, opportunity to highlight your most impressive qualities – the spiciest part of form resume, your resume. In fact, this may be the only section fully read by the employer, so it must be strong and convincing. The Summary is the one place to include professional characteristics (highly energetic, a gift for solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment, a natural salesperson, exceptional interpersonal skills, committed to excellence, etc.). Gear every word in the Summary to your goal: getting that interview. Here are the finch courage, most common ingredients of and effect essay, a well-written Summary. A short phrase describing your profession Followed by a statement of broad or specialized expertise Followed by two or three additional statements related to atticus finch courage essay any of the following: breadth or depth of skills unique mix of skills range of environments in form resume download, which you have experience a special or well-documented accomplishment a history of awards, promotions, or superior performance commendations One or more professional or appropriate personal characteristics A sentence describing professional objective or interest. You would not necessarily use all these ingredients in one Summary. Use the finch courage essay, ones that highlight you best.

The examples below show how to on piezoelectric include your objective in the Summary section. TIP: If you are making a career change, your Summary section should show how what you have done in the past prepares you to do what you seek to do in atticus courage essay, the future. If you are new to the job market, your Summary will be based more on ability than experience. A few examples of Summary sections: Highly motivated, creative and atticus essay, versatile real estate executive with seven years of essay, experience in property acquisition, development and construction, as well as the management of large apartment complexes. Finch Courage Essay? Especially skilled at building effective, productive working relationships with clients and staff.

Excellent management, negotiation and public relations skills. Seeking a challenging management position in the real estate field that offers extensive contact with the atticus finch, public. Over 10 years as an organizational catalyst/training design consultant with a track record of producing extraordinary results for more than 20 national and atticus finch courage essay, community based organizations. A commitment to human development and community service. Energetic self-starter with excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills. Financial Management Executive with nearly ten years of experience in finch, banking and international trade, finance, investments and economic policy. Form? Innovative in structuring credit enhancement for atticus finch courage essay, corporate and municipal financing. Atticus Finch? Skilled negotiator with strong management, sales and courage, marketing background. Areas of expertise include (a bulleted list would follow this paragraph.) Health Care Professional experienced in management, program development and thesis on piezoelectric materials, policy making in the United States as well as in several developing countries. Expertise in finch, emergency medical services.

A talent for finch courage, analyzing problems, developing and simplifying procedures, and finding innovative solutions. Proven ability to motivate and work effectively with persons from other cultures and all walks of life. Skilled in working within a foreign environment with limited resources. Commander – Chief Executive Officer of the finch essay, U.S. Navy, Atlantic Fleet. Thesis About Reagan? Expertise in all areas of management, with a proven record of essay, unprecedented accomplishment. History of the highest naval awards and rapid promotion. Proven senior-level experience in executive decision-making, policy direction, strategic business planning, Congressional relations, financial and personnel management, research and development, and thesis statements about reagan, aerospace engineering. Extensive knowledge of atticus finch, government military requirements in ronald reagan, systems and atticus finch courage, equipment. Committed to the highest levels of professional and personal excellence. Performing artist with a rich baritone voice and essay, unusual range, specializing in atticus finch, classical, spiritual, gospel and rap music.

Featured soloist for resume buzzwords, two nationally televised events. Accomplished pianist. Atticus Finch Courage Essay? Extensive performance experience includes television, concert tours and club acts. Available for commercial recording and and effect essay on homeless, live performances. SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS. In this final part of the assertions section, go into more detail. In the summary, you focused on your most special highlights. Atticus Courage Essay? Now you tell the rest of the best of your story. Let the employer know what results you produced, what happened because of thesis statements about reagan, your efforts, what you are especially gifted or experienced at doing.

TIP: Don’t tell them everything you’ve ever done. It’s okay – in fact, advisable – to leave to finch essay your readers wondering about a thing or two in a positive way. Sometimes the resume cover, “Skills and Accomplishments” section is a separate section. In a chronological resume, it becomes the atticus finch courage essay, first few phrases of the descriptions of the various jobs you have held. We will cover that in a few minutes, when we discuss the different types of atticus courage essay, resumes. When it is a separate section, it can have several possible titles, depending on atticus your situation:

SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS ACCOMPLISHMENTS SUMMARY OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS AREAS OF ACCOMPLISHMENT AND EXPERIENCE AREAS OF EXPERTISE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS. There are options for how to structure your “Skills and Accomplishments” section. Whichever you choose, put your skills and accomplishments in resume cover, order of importance for the desired career goal. If you have many skills, the last skill paragraph might be called “Additional Skills.” TIP: Be sure to use action-oriented words. These include words such as Delivered; Created; Solved; Boosted; Designed; Transformed; and Elevated (for more see our Section 9 on Power Words). Here are a few ways you could structure your “Skills and essay, Accomplishments” section: A listing of skills or accomplishments or a combination of both, with bullets. SELECTED SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Raised $1,900 in 21 days in canvassing and advocacy on environmental, health and consumer issues.

Conducted legal research for four Assistant U.S. Attorneys, for the U.S. Attorney’s office Coordinated Board of Directors and Community Advisory Board of community mental health center. Later commended as “the best thing that ever happened to resume download that job.” A listing of major skill headings with accomplishments under each. The accomplishments can be a bulleted list or in paragraph form. The material under the headings should include mention of accomplishments which prove each skill. National Training Project / Conference Management. Director of Outreach on Hunger, a national public education/training project funded by USAID, foundations and all the finch essay, major church denominations. Designed, managed and promoted three-day training conferences in resume cover, cities throughout the U.S. Planned and managed 32 nationwide training seminars and finch essay, a five-day annual conference for form resume, university vice-presidents and business executives.

Program Design: Universities. Invited by Duke University President Terry Sanford to develop new directions and programs for the University’s Office of Summer Educational Programs, first Director of atticus, Duke’s “Pre-college Program,” first editor of “Summer at Duke.” Designed and successfully proposed a center for the study of creativity at The George Washington University. A list of bulleted accomplishments or skill paragraphs under each job (in a chronological resume). Director of cover buzzwords, Sales and Marketing. DELAWARE TRADE INTERNATIONAL, INC. Wilmington, DE. Promoted from Sales Representative within one year of finch essay, joining company to cover buzzwords Director of Sales and Marketing. Responsible for international sales of atticus finch, raw materials, as well as printing and graphic arts equipment. Oversaw five sales managers.

Was in charge of direct sales and marketing in 17 countries throughout Europe and the Middle East. Essay? Recruited, trained and managed sales staff. Developed marketing strategy, prepared sales projections and established quotas. Selected and contracted with overseas sub-agents to essay achieve international market penetration. Courage Essay? Negotiated and finalized long-term contractual agreements with suppliers on behalf of clients. Oversaw all aspects of essay, transactions, including letters of credit, international financing, preparation of import/export documentation, and shipping/freight forwarding.

Planned and administered sales and controlling idea essay, marketing budget, and maintained sole profit/loss responsibility. Within first year, doubled company’s revenues, and produced $7-9 million in annual sales during the finch courage essay, next eight years. 6. THE NITTY GRITTY: YOUR EVIDENCE SECTION. The evidence section includes some or all of the following: experience, education, and possibly additional items such as awards, affiliations, and publications. While this section is secondary to controlling your assertions section, it is still incredibly important. TIP: Think of it as the foundation holding up your assertions so they can shine. If this section isn’t strong enough, the resume doesn’t hold together and the hiring manager will question the credibility of atticus courage essay, your assertions. List jobs in reverse chronological order. Don’t go into detail on the jobs early in your career; focus on the most recent and/or relevant jobs. (Summarize a number of the essay, earliest jobs in one line or very short paragraph, or list only the bare facts with no position description.) Decide which is, overall, more impressive – your job titles or the names of the firms you worked for – then consistently begin with the atticus finch essay, more impressive of the two, perhaps using boldface type. You may want to cause essay on homeless people describe the essay, employer in a phrase in parentheses if this will impress the reader. Include military service, internships, and major volunteer roles if desired; because the section is idea essay labeled “Experience.” It does not mean that you were paid.

Other possible headings here include: “Professional History,” “Professional Experience”–not “Employment” or “Work History,” both of atticus courage essay, which sound more lower-level. A note about dates throughout the evidence section: Be honest but also strategic. Generally speaking, put dates in italics at the end of the job to de-emphasize them. Don’t include months, unless the job was held less than a year. If you’re old enough to have considered botox, consider what you might “botox” in your resume. The year you earned your degree(s) doesn’t have to be included. And as you summarize your early career, there is no need to include dates in this information. If there are gaps in courage essay, your recent professional experience, use years versus months.

Don’t put down anything that isn’t true – it’s too easy for employers to check information and discover mistruths. But be prepared to speak to any gaps in atticus finch courage, a way that supports the overall story you’re telling about yourself. List education in reverse chronological order – degrees or licenses first, followed by certificates and advanced training. Set degrees apart so they are easily seen. Put in boldface whatever will be most impressive. Don’t include any details about college except your major and distinctions or awards you have won, unless you are still in and effect essay people, college or just recently graduated. Include grade-point average only if over 3.4. List selected coursework if this will help convince the reader of courage, your qualifications for the targeted job. Include advanced training, but be selective with the information, summarizing the resume letter buzzwords, information and essay, including only what will be impressive for the reader. No degree yet? If you are working on an uncompleted degree, include the resume, degree and afterwards, in parentheses, the expected date of completion: B.S. (expected 20__).

If you didn’t finish college, start with a phrase describing the atticus essay, field studied, then the school, then the dates (the fact that there was no degree may be missed). Other headings might be “Education and resume, Training,” “Education and finch courage essay, Licenses,” “Legal Education / Undergraduate Education” (for attorneys). If the buzzwords, only awards received were in school, put these under the Education section. Mention what the atticus finch courage, award was for if you can (or just “for outstanding accomplishment” or “outstanding performance”). Statements About Ronald Reagan? If you have received awards, this section is almost a must. If you have received commendations or praise from some very senior source, you could call this section, “Awards and Commendations.” In that case, go ahead and quote the source. Professional Affiliations. Include only finch essay, those that are current, relevant and impressive.

Include leadership roles if appropriate. Resume Cover Letter? This is a good section for communicating your status as a member of a minority targeted for finch courage essay, special consideration by form employers, or for showing your membership in an association that would enhance your appeal as a prospective employer. This section can be combined with “Civic / Community Leadership” as “Professional and Community Memberships.” Languages. Being fluent in finch courage essay, more than one language is definitely something to include. Civic / Community Leadership. This is good to include if the leadership roles or accomplishments are related to atticus essay the job target and can show skills acquired, for example, a loan officer hoping to become a financial investment counselor who was Financial Manager of a community organization charged with investing its funds. Any Board of Directors membership or “chairmanship” would be good to include. Be careful with political affiliations, as they could be a plus or minus with an employer or company.

Publications. Include only courage essay, if published, and idea essay, provide links where you can if you think the work is impressive and relevant. Atticus Finch Courage Essay? Summarize if there are many. Comments from Supervisors, Clients, other Professional Elite. Include only if very exceptional. Heavily edit for key phrases. Personal Interests. Tread thoughtfully here.

While personal interests tend to feature prominently on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, you should weigh how much it can help you when applying for a job—ideally on a case-by-case basis. It you include a section like this, keep the following in mind. Advantages: Personal interests can indicate a skill or area of knowledge that is cause and effect essay on homeless related to the goal, such as photography for someone in public relations, or carpentry and wood-working for someone in construction management. Atticus Essay? This section can show well-roundedness, good physical health, or knowledge of idea essay, a subject related to the goal. It can also create common ground or spark conversation, and/or help a hiring manager see you as someone who would fit in their tribe. Disadvantages: Personal interests can be irrelevant to the job goal and finch courage, purpose of the resume. Listing such interests can also have unintended negative consequences. Thesis On Piezoelectric? For example, if you’re highly athletic and the people interviewing you aren’t physically fit – or perhaps eve self-conscious about that – the fact that you’re super-fit might not play in your favor.If in doubt, do not include a Personal Interests section.

Your reason for finch essay, including it is most likely that you want to thesis on piezoelectric materials tell them about you. But, as you know, this is an ad. Atticus Finch? If this section would move the employer to form understand why you would be the atticus finch, best candidate, include it; otherwise, forget about it. This section may also be called “Interests Outside of Work,” or just “Interests.” References. You may put “References available upon request” at ronald reagan the end of your resume, if you wish. This is a standard close (centered at atticus essay bottom in thesis statements reagan, italics), but is not necessary: It is usually assumed. Atticus Courage Essay? Do not include actual names of references. You can bring a separate sheet of finch essay, references to the interview, to be given to the employer upon atticus finch courage, request. 7. WORK ALL THE DIGITAL ANGLES. Social media venues offer valuable possibilities for powering your job search, as well as a few potential downsides. Resume Cover Buzzwords? Be sure your digital footprint is an asset as you prepare your resume.

OWN YOUR DIGITAL FOOTPRINT. Social media is a primary vehicle for communication. Atticus Essay? You will want to atticus finch include at least one of your social media accounts on your resume. Be sure that any e-mail addresses and social media handles look and sound professional. If not, get new ones. You want to be [emailprotected]; not [emailprotected] Understand that most employers – 65% or more – use social networks to research candidates. Atticus Courage? Roughly half of them do so to see if the essay, candidate is likely to be a “good fit” for finch courage essay, their culture – in thesis materials, other words, right for their tribe. It is documented that employers regularly review social media to atticus see if there are reasons not to hire an applicant. And Effect People? So, it is imperative that you review all of finch, your social media postings and clean up any content that you wouldn’t want a prospective employer to see.

And keep an eye on your accounts so that you can monitor and remove comments from friends that don’t serve your professional image. Social media posts that employers cite as detrimental include evidence of drug use or excessive drinking, bad-mouthing of previous employers, and discriminatory language. TIP: Be sure that information on idea your various social media accounts is atticus courage essay consistent. You can’t assume that an courage essay, employer will only check out your LinkedIn page. They may also look for you on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Google+. It is atticus finch essay a good rule of thumb with social media posts to ask yourself whether what you are posting is something that you would be delighted for everyone in the world to see. USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. Remember that you’re marketing yourself. Owning your digital footprint is thesis about ronald also about taking advantage of an atticus courage, additional opportunity to form resume download make a good impression. Make an effort beyond any clean-up activity to create a strong social media profile.

This is an opportunity for you to appear thoughtful, well-rounded, positive, a strong communicator – the atticus essay, kinds of things employers are generally seeking. In addition, be active on and effect essay on homeless people social media in a way that advances your professional interests and possibilities. Engage on networking sites to increase your visibility and searchabilty with prospective employers. Courage Essay? And while you’re active on social media, to accommodate search engines, be sure that you are using a consistent version of your professional name. If you’re “Robert L. Atticus Finch Essay? Smith” on finch essay LinkedIn, you should be Robert L. Form Download? Smith in your resume and on your other social media accounts – not Rob Smith here and there. Your professional “screen name” is probably your most important keyword. As mentioned earlier, follow your prospective employer on finch courage essay Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and controlling idea, the like.

Think of what you see as an finch, aggregated news feed about the employer. It doesn’t take long to begin to get a real sense of the atticus essay, organization’s culture, values, and work environment intel can help you prepare the most thoughtful resume possible – and atticus finch, can also help you immensely as you later prepare for an interview. And bear in mind: The beauty of Social Media is that you can gain access to people you otherwise might not. Cover? If you see someone within your connections who is connected to atticus courage a person of interest to you. Thesis? Perhaps they are in finch essay, the field in which you are seeking work; perhaps they work for a company you wish to get in to – then ask your contact to letter buzzwords introduce you.

TIP: LinkedIn offers the opportunity for atticus, people to post recommendations. Thesis On Piezoelectric? Be sure to ask people to provide recommendations for you, in particular those people who can speak to the strengths that you most want to be emphasized. In addition to your professional name, there are many other keywords to consider. Many employers routinely digitally scan resumes for keywords relevant to their companies and cultures, as well as field of work. You should assume that this is being done.

Use keywords that are customized for the kind of position you’re seeking as well as your job field. For example: Consider that your current title is finch courage “Program Assistant.” But when you search online, you don’t see that title much. Cause On Homeless People? What you do see with high frequency on atticus finch courage Indeed, LinkedIn, etc. is “Administrative Assistant.” It’s not a misstep in integrity to list your current title as “Administrative Assistant” if that’s accurate, and it will increase your find-ability for recruiters and materials, hiring managers searching online. Similar guidance holds true for skills and accomplishments. When customizing your resume for a specific position, take careful note of the skills required and use any number of finch, those words in your resume.

If you think of form download, yourself as someone who “leads stakeholder communications,” but the employer uses the atticus finch essay, phrase “stakeholder engagement” – that’s right, you’re now an expert in stakeholder engagement. Controlling Idea? If you have “increased website and social media traffic” in atticus courage, your current job, but your prospective employer’s website discusses “online presence” – your resume should note that you “elevated online presence.” Then use this same approach to controlling idea find more keywords that will appeal to that hiring manager. After conducting your research on atticus essay the employer’s website and social media pages – as well as media articles about the organization – comprise a list of words and phrases that appear regularly. Be sure that these words and phrases appear in your resume, but in resume cover letter, a way that doesn’t seem forced or like overkill. You have a bit of a fine line to walk – these have to be words and phrases you can own in finch courage, the context of selling yourself through your introductory story. Think of your resume as a visually appealing piece of art. This your masterpiece! No matter how closely you follow the guidance we’ve delivered here so far, if you fall short on the presentation of what you’ve written you do yourself a tremendous disservice. A note here about using images or video.

Of course, there have been instances where applicants have been hired after using creative visuals or creating “video resumes.” This kind of controlling essay, approach is highly situational, and should be carefully considered based on what you know about the job and the tribe. For instance, if you’re a graphic designer, why not show off your stuff to a certain extent? Or if you’re applying to a video production firm or a start-up with a culture that would accommodate a video submission – go for it. Atticus Finch Essay? That said, we also recommend that a more traditional PDF with written information accompany your video. VISUAL APPEAL, FORMAT, AND LENGTH. Everyone freely gives advice on resume length. Ronald? There is no universal right or wrong. Our rule of thumb is that shorter is better, as long as the resume contains all of your most relevant information.

If you’ve been in the workforce for a while or have many accomplishments or publications to list, you might need to exceed a page – but only if the content warrants it. And whether it’s one page or more, the atticus finch courage essay, same rules apply in terms of the front end of the resume being your big, brief chance to make an impression. Use a simple, clean, symmetrical structure. Don’t make it to resume cover letter buzzwords crowded with text; conversely, don’t have so much white space that it looks oddly sparse. A good rule of finch courage, thumb is sections of writing that are no more than six lines, and shorter if possible. Be sure to design elements to your advantage. Atticus Finch Courage? For example, if there is information you want to highlight, consider using boldface. Atticus Finch Courage? You can also draw the eye to something by ensuring there is ample white space around it.

Order information in a way that draw attention to your strengths; readers tend to focus on the first and last items listed. NOTE: If you’re considering an infographic resume, be sure you give it very careful consideration. While one might make you stick out in finch essay, a digital stack of resumes, I have never read one that didn’t make me work harder to get the atticus finch courage, information I wanted. Unless you are an infographic designer looking for that kind of work (or something close), I would veer away from this route. Your resume must be error-free. There are no spelling errors, no typos. No grammar, syntax, or punctuation errors.

There are no errors of fact. Any recruiter or hiring manager will tell you that such errors make it easy to thesis about reagan weed out a resume immediately. List information in a consistent way. Atticus? For instance, every job should list this information in thesis about reagan, this order: Title, Name of Employer, City and State, and the years. Use boldface, underlining, and italics consistently. If you decide to bold one job title, all titles are in boldface. If you underline one section heading, underline them all.

In addition, there is uniformity in the use of capital letters, bullets, dashes, hyphens, etc. Atticus Finch Courage? So, if there is a period after one set of job dates, there is form download a period after all job dates. If one degree is in courage essay, bold, all degrees are in bold. If one job is lasted as 1999-2001 (versus 1999 – 2001 or 1999 to 2000). Whatever you decide about such things stylistically, be absolutely consistent. There are any number of details that really matter. Consider all of the following. Font. Use a font that’s universally readable such as Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Georgia, Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Didot (a good choice for creative industry). Resume Cover Letter? Whatever font you select, use it consistently.

And use a font size that’s readable, but not distractingly large: 12-point is the way to go with some fonts, but sometimes 11-point can get the finch courage essay, job done just as well. PDF. Save your resume file as a PDF. You don’t want to risk what can happen if someone opens your Word document using a different version than you have, which can disrupt your careful layout, formatting, and more. File name. When saving your PDF file, be sure you give a distinctive and form resume, relevant name. Atticus? Definitively don’t give it a number (e.g., NickSmith_V3.pdf) and don’t call it NicksResume.pdf. If Nick is applying for a Marketing Director position, a great file name would be NickSmith_MarketingDirectr.pdf). Keep track.

As you customize your resume for each application, keep track of which resume you send to atticus courage which employer. If you’re called for an interview you will want to show up with nicely printed hard copies of atticus finch courage essay, that precise document. Don’t mix first-person and third-person. Use either the first person (“I) or third person (“he,” “she”) point of view, but do so consistently. Form Download? Watch your verb tense.

If the accomplishment is completed, it should be past tense. If the task is still underway, it should be present tense. If the skill has been used in the past and will be used again in courage essay, the future, use present tense – e.g., “conduct presentations on essay recruitment to professional and trade association.” Experience first. Experience sections should come before Education. Courage? This is because your qualifications are more related to cause your experience than your education. Exceptions would be (1) if you have just received or are completing a degree in a new field, (2) if you are a lawyer, (3) if you are an undergraduate student, or (4) if there’s something particularly impressive about your education – for example, a Rhodes Scholarship or an MBA from Harvard.

Sell yourself – first and foremost. Always bear in mind the atticus finch, needs of your customer – the on piezoelectric materials, employer. What do they need to know to assess that you’re right for the job and will deliver for atticus, them? Customize your resume for each job application. Controlling? Use keywords selected with your prospective employer in courage essay, mind. Be sure you can back up what you say (pumping up is fine but within the bounds of integrity). Use dynamic, high-energy language. Resume Letter Buzzwords? Tighten up sentences where you can.

Space is at a premium. Use quantitative information when possible as you describe accomplishments (e.g., ($1 million portfolio, increased sales 30%, double revenues). Look at everything you’ve written in your resume and add action verbs wherever possible. Make your resume long enough to include all relevant information. Be sure any e-mail addresses and atticus courage essay, social media handles shared are appropriate (not unprofessional). Use the same version of your professional “screen name” consistently. Be unduly modest.

You are selling yourself, period. Wing it. Real preparation and homework is download required – no matter how lucky you’ve been in atticus finch courage essay, the past. Include information – even if you’re proud of it – that could be construed as controversial or possible be off-putting to essay people the employer (e.g., fringe personal interests, religious activity, political affiliation). List everything you’ve ever done. It’s better to leave an employer a little curious and more apt to interview you.

Include salary information. It is appropriate for you to provide this information only when asked. Mention reasons for leaving jobs. You can have tactful, professional reasons ready for interviews. Include references. Provide them when requested, and be sure your references know that an inquiry is on finch essay the way. Controlling? Try to be funny or cute – no matter how great your personality, these things don’t translate on paper. Include every single piece of information about yourself – this is not your resume’s job.

If the courage, employer wants to know more about atticus essay, you, they’ll ask you for an interview. Get wordy. Don’t use three examples when one will suffice. Be hyperbolic. Don’t use more than one power word or adjective in one sentence. Underestimate the atticus finch, power of reading the job posting carefully and doing all of your homework.

An astute hiring manager will recognize that you’ve done your advance work and will respect that about you. 10. USE YOUR WORDS (POWER WORDS) This isn’t about using fancy or unique words. It’s about using words that connect with your customer. Remember: This is customized ad copy. accelerated accomplished achieved acquired addressed administered advanced advised advocated aligned allocated amplified analyzed answered appeared applied appointed appraised approved arbitrated arranged assembled assessed assigned assisted assumed assured attained audited authored authorized awarded.

blocked boosted bought briefed broadened brought budgeted built. campaigned capitalized cascaded cataloged caused changed chaired charted clarified classified closed coached collected combined commented communicated compared compiled completed computed conceived conserved concluded conducted conceptualized considered consolidated constructed consulted continued contracted controlled converted conveyed convinced coordinated corrected counseled counted created critiqued cultivated cut. dealt decided decreased defined delegated delivered demonstrated described designed determined developed devised diagnosed digitized directed discovered discussed distributed documented doubled drafted. earned edited educated effected elevated eliminated endorsed enforced engineered enhanced enlarged enlisted ensured entered established estimated evaluated examined exceeded executed expanded expedited experienced experimented explained explored expressed extended. facilitated filed filled financed focused forecast forged formulated fostered found founded. gained gathered generated graded granted guided. halved handled headed up helped hired. identified illustrated implemented improved incorporated increased indexed initiated influenced informed innovated inspected inspired installed instituted instructed insured integrated interpreted interviewed introduced invented invested investigated involved issued itemized. launched learned leased lectured led leveraged licensed lifted listed lobbied logged. made maintained managed mapped matched maximized measured mediated merged met mobilized modified monitored motivated moved. named navigated negotiated.

observed opened operated optimized orchestrated ordered organized outperformed overhauled oversaw. participated partnered perceived performed persuaded pioneered planned prepared presented processed procured produced programmed prohibited projected promoted proposed provided published purchased persuaded promoted pursued qualified. qualified quantified questioned. raised ranked rated reached realized received recommended reconciled recorded recruited redesigned reduced refined refocused regulated rehabilitated related reorganized repaired replaced replied reported represented researched resolved responded restored restructured revamped reviewed revised revitalized. saved scheduled secured selected served serviced set set up shaped shared showcased showed simplified sold solved sorted sought sparked spearheaded specified spoke staffed standardized started streamlined strengthened stressed stretched structured studied submitted substituted succeeded suggested summarized superseded supervised surpassed surveyed sustained systematized.

tackled targeted taught terminated tested took toured traced tracked traded trained transferred transcribed transformed translated transported traveled treated trimmed tripled turned tutored. umpired uncovered understood understudied unified united unraveled updated upgraded used utilized. verbalized verified visited. waged weighed widened won worked wrote. ability capable capability capacity competence competent complete completely consistent contributions demonstrated developing educated efficient effective effectiveness enlarging equipped excellent exceptional expanding experienced global increasing knowledgeable major mature maturity nationwide nuanced outstanding performance positive potential productive proficient profitable proven qualified record repeatedly resourceful responsible results significant significantly sound specialist substantial substantially successful stable thorough thoroughly versatile vigorous well-educated well-rounded worldwide. 10124 Lakewood Drive. Rockville, MD, USA.

Receive a FREE GUIDE to designing the perfect Career.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
FREE The Courageous Atticus Finch Essay

The Absorbent Mind: an essay by Pete Friend. An essay by Peter Friend, Elementary Guide. The year Maria Montessori opened her first Casa dei Bambini in San Lorenzo mankind’s urge to explore underwent a profound shift of focus. No waters were yet to atticus, be chartered, and on piezoelectric materials all the continents had been claimed, but there was one direction of atticus courage essay, exploration which was attracting more attention than it had ever done before. The direction was inward, and it was towards the subconscious. Sometimes referred to as the unconscious, this human characteristic was not discovered in 1907, but when Dr Freud met Dr Jung in person for finch courage, the first time that year and they engaged in their infamous thirteen hour conversation, it is fair to atticus finch essay, say that it became one of the vanguard topics of human civilisation. Many praise Freud as being the discoverer of the unconscious but he rebuffed this claim and finch essay pointed to philosophers and poets generations before him as the first to tap into the mysterious entity. Indeed in the 1650’s, poet John Milton is atticus said to have set himself a personal mission to quell his reasoning mind so as to improve his poetry.

He did this by drafting his next poem in his sleep. On awakening he dictated twenty to cause and effect essay, thirty lines, before knocking them into shape and into the opening of his acclaimed poem Paradise Lost. This was one of two pre-eminent British poems to have been written from the unconscious. The second is Coleridge’s, Kubla Khan, written after a night spent in an opium induced dream. What Freud did admit to was the discovery of the scientific method by which the unconscious could be studied. Following their epic chat, Jung took this on through his work as well and became particularly interested in the collective unconscious. Courage Essay. Throughout this exciting and thesis pioneering time in the field of psychology Dr Montessori was employing her own scientific background to discovering the powers of the finch essay, unconscious mind.

Her attention of course was specifically focused on on piezoelectric materials the infants and young children gracing the four walls of the San Lorenzo Children’s House. Montessori’s most relevant discovery in this realm, and the topic of discussion for this essay is the power of the human child to build a relative intelligence which far surpasses the genius of Dr’s Freud, Jung and Montessori. She called this power the Absorbent Mind. This essay will be comprised of: a brief overview of the phenomenon of the Absorbent Mind as Montessori saw it; a presentation of the atticus essay, two types of absorbent mind she discovered, unconscious and conscious; the ways in which Montessori advised the adult to facilitate the finch, power of the absorbent mind; an account from Montessori herself of the finch courage essay, history of the unconscious; a summary of contemporary literature on memory, the fundamental component of the Absorbent Mind; and cause essay finally a closing statement summing up the discussion. The Absorbent Mind is a phenomenon found and defined by Dr Montessori in the early twentieth century in children up to the age of six, which enables them to absorb knowledge quickly and effortlessly. The Absorbent Mind she observed does not construct with a voluntary effort, but does so according to finch courage essay, the guidance of inner sensitivities which she called sensitive periods (Montessori, 1955). The result is a child with an unconscious state which is of a creative nature. The child creates not only language but organs and this is cover letter buzzwords not done by the conscious mind but by the will free unconscious.

Despite being will free Montessori (1979) saw a logical directive in the child’s development guided by courage essay nature. The child at this age she said is getting ready to courage, act in the world and like a traveller in an unknown country must take account of his bearings, studying his surroundings and atticus courage absorbing the images of his surroundings. Montessori (1955) described this adaptation as quite basic. She observed that the essay, child incarnates within himself the environment in which he is finch essay in, and begins construction of a man adapted to those surroundings (Montessori, 1955). Cause. Montessori (1955) called this initial period one of atticus finch courage, psycho-embryonic construction only to be found in the human race. She argued one of the distinguishing features between humans and cover buzzwords animals was man’s ability to adapt himself to anything, despite she observed having the longest inert period of all the animals (Montessori, 1979). By inert she means helpless at birth, with no faculties to live independently. Stark contrast it can be seen with a fawn for example who is born and almost immediately is able to walk. Atticus. Montessori (1976) also maintained that man had no limits to his level of progress and adaptation, something which builds throughout the lifetime of man, where as the animal reaches it’s full potential quite soon after his birth.

The individual though is only potentially a human, perhaps for his entire existence. And Effect Essay On Homeless. To fulfil it’s potential Montessori believed the human being needs an finch operational society to resume buzzwords, live in. Almost it seems for dramatic purposes Montessori draws a comparison between, the adult mind and the absorbent mind of the atticus finch courage, child, on a number of occasions. She sites the tremendous step taken by thesis on piezoelectric the child to create his personality, and atticus finch that this is achieved by resume cover a brain far different and superior to the adult brain (Montessori, 1946). The total acquisition of language she says cannot be compared to the functioning adult memory who easily lets ephemeral acquisitions slip from him, and takes many times longer to learn something as involved as a second language (Montessori, 1955). An incisive quote from atticus courage, Montessori (2007) on the comparison between the adult’s and cause and effect on homeless people the child’s essence is, “Only poets and little children can feel the fascination of a tiny rivulet of water flowing over pebbles.” (pp72).

Montessori also puts it beautifully when she likens the child and infant to a bird who gathers up everything she can find and deposits it in his/her nest. She also emphasises that this process can be undertaken without the influence of the adult. The child can be left free to work, even without explanations, because it is the absorbent mind which grasps the facts. This taking in of ideas is not learning as has been understood before, Montessori instead describes it as something vital, like a gift and like an finch essay incarnation, the word Montessori regularly uses for the phenomenon. There is wonderful example described by Montessori where a lady came to a Montessori Children’s House, a child next to her said “what a beautiful ribbon you have, I have seen a flower absolutely the same shade”. The child went scurrying away and fetched the flower and it was absolutely identical in shade. Statements Ronald Reagan. Montessori marvelled at this wonderful power of atticus courage, memory, and and effect essay intriguing judgement of the finch, child which again she states, forms completely by itself. Consequently she highlights the potential of the concentrated mind of the child, in awe again of it’s power. Montessori (1946) surmised these great powers had been hidden under the cloak of Motherhood until her observations in the early twentieth century. Thesis On Piezoelectric. In other words she saw the contemporary and historical understanding to atticus essay, be that the on piezoelectric materials, mother was the one who taught her child to atticus, walk, talk and speak. The idea that the child was teaching himself was radical and revolutionary.

Montessori admits though that the on piezoelectric, idea was not her own, like Freud and the sub-conscious, she merely observed it and then pioneered the scientific method to study it. Finch Courage Essay. Here are some of her findings. Unconscious and Conscious Absorbent Mind. The first of Montessori’s four planes of development begins with the birth of the child and extends to around six years of download, age. However Montessori recognised two further sub-planes within this plane, distinguishing the atticus finch essay, ages zero to three, and three to six. As part of this discrimination she found the absorbent mind to be present throughout the whole first plane, but manifested itself differently across the two sub-planes. Montessori describes the Absorbent Mind of the zero to three year old as wholly unconscious. However during the ages three to thesis materials, six the absorbent mind becomes partly conscious as the atticus courage, will of the child is born. A short discussion of these two delineation’s will now be presented. The Unconscious Absorbent Mind. According to Stephenson (1990) the unconscious absorbent mind of the zero to three year old is classifying and distinguishing objects and activities within his environment, concentrating on what is controlling essay necessary for building the psycho-embryonic construction mentioned above.

There is no limit to finch essay, the facts and knowledge he can take in, but order is essential and controlling essay the adult actually has no influence over this child’s learning other than not to obstruct his eyes and his hands. It is with the unconscious mind the child achieves his wonderful work of creation, through a sensitivity which resembles a photographic plate, automatically recording impressions in microscopic detail (Montessori, 1946). Atticus Finch Courage Essay. Before two and a half Montessori (1961) observed the child has very little need for or interest in communion. He is so completely engrossed in the development of his own personality and by three has already met the world and his own immediate society via his unconscious absorbent mind. Now these impressions are to be classified and organised through language so that he can carry this information around with him, something Stephenson (1991) calls the materials, holding of matter in the intellect, through the matching of a word to to that object. In the infants first three years, through the unconscious absorbent mind the child takes in sounds, intonation, words, grammar and sentence structure to atticus, acquire language which Montessori argues is the greatest example of the power of the young child’s inner guide to form himself as a man. Elsewhere Montessori says the procurement of language showed her just how precise and eminent the power of the unconscious absorbent mind is because language takes such a degree of thesis ronald reagan, direct and detailed observation to be acquired (Montessori, 1955).

As part of this power comes the ability to distinguish, this Montessori (1918) believed was the characteristic sign of intelligence, as she said to distinguish is to arrange internally and atticus finch essay therefore prepare for creation. The Conscious Absorbent Mind. According to Montessori literature, at age three the child’s absorbent mind begins to essay, transform from unconscious to conscious. As the child begins to choose actions for himself, a conscious intelligence begins to develop, demonstrated by atticus his increasing ability to choose actions independently. Stephenson (1990) describes the mind of the three to six year old as still operating through the tendencies and psychological characteristics found in the younger sub-plane, but the finch, ability to finch essay, choose activities for himself is the mark of an exciting new period. Montessori (cited by Ramachandran, 1998) also observed the child of this age venturing around his environment in search of more knowledge. She even noticed occasions when the five and six year old would be drawn to the elementary classroom to feed this thirst for more knowledge.

She also noticed the three old develops a propensity to notice very explicit details of his/her surroundings. Details in essay fact beyond what an adult would focus on. Montessori (1961) explains this extraordinary characteristic is coupled with a new urge to become sociable for the first time at around three, thus guiding the child to be involved with peers in a Children’s House. Also, through the absorbent mind’s preparation to adapt, the child takes in all information which is presented to him without questioning or criticising it. This is a vastly different quality she highlights to the older child who needs to know the reason for atticus finch courage essay, things. Above the analogy of the controlling, photographic plate was given to depict the absorbent mind. Montessori also offers an alternative analogy.

She describes the young child’s mind and personality to be soft like a wax. She goes on to explain that if adults put anything on finch courage top of cover buzzwords, it when it is soft it leaves an impression which cannot be removed after the mind has formed in that spot. So the child at atticus finch courage this age, with a fragile but powerful mind is now ready for the Children’s House. Controlling Idea Essay. Montessori stressed the need for the child to be in an environment in which his tendencies can continue to operate (Stephenson, 1990). These tendencies include exploration, orientation and order. A detailed discussion shall now be presented of finch, how Montessori believed a proper facilitation of resume letter buzzwords, these characteristics and tendencies, present from birth, could be achieved. How to facilitate the power of the absorbent mind.

Montessori (1946) believed that for the life of the child to receive the right protection, the specific laws hidden within, including the absorbent mind, must be sympathetically studied and facilitated. This had not been attempted she believed at the time, and courage although the phenomenon of the child’s helplessness at birth had been the subject of some philosophical speculation, medical practitioners, psychologists and educators had yet to take an interest (Montessori, 1975) Despite this Montessori became engrossed in on piezoelectric materials discovering the secrets of the absorbent mind. Atticus Courage Essay. As mentioned before the memory and judgement of the child seemed to display a divine gift like quality, and she believed this could be facilitated further if materials were placed in on homeless people the child’s environment for them to study. Counter to this Montessori was convinced this divine power could be obstructed if not proactively facilitated. As an finch essay example she states that if the nebula of language meets with obstacles in it’s development and finch courage essay the acoustic sensitivity does not function, the child could become deaf and mute even though his/her organs of atticus finch courage, hearing and buzzwords speech would be perfectly normal (Montessori, 1955). Because the new born and infant can be mistaken as helpless, the secrets which reside locked and buried within the subconscious can be unknowingly exposed to conditions which can have grave psychological consequences (Montessori, 1975). Hence the atticus finch courage essay, importance to study the child in this period. Atticus Finch Courage. Montessori also stressed that any deviations observed in the child’s development can only be corrected in that particular sensitive period.

This relates back to her analogy of the child’s mind being like soft wax. Once an impression is finch essay made it remains if that area of the brain has developed, and moves onto the next sensitive period. This places a strong emphasis on the role of the form, adult in the child’s development in this plane. Montessori uses the phrase ‘hell is paved with good intentions’ to impress that thinking and finch courage essay wishing is not enough in the facilitation of the absorbent mind, action is the key. Let’s take a closer look at some of the thesis statements about ronald, solutions Montessori proposed.

Facilitating the absorbent mind – examples. As with the adult the role of action for the child is paramount to his development. It is atticus finch courage essay through activity that he makes the environment and the life of the family part of himself as he absorbs it and uses it to make knowledge for himself (Stephenson, 1990). Resume. To facilitate this, Montessori in atticus finch essay 1907 specifically designed a prepared environment. Download. This environment must encapsulate the courage, qualities of the world and reagan the facts of life from human society via the materials (Stephenson, 1990). Montessori (1961), also placed an emphasis on atticus finch courage little social interactions inside and outside the children’s house. She gives the people, example of letting the child take visits from people at his home, peers and adults, and to atticus courage essay, be the one to play host with simple actions like taking coats, showing guests around and making their chosen refreshment (Montessori, 1961). To facilitate the thirst for detail Montessori (1961) encouraged taking the two and on piezoelectric materials and half year old on long walks of uninterrupted discovery. As a progression of this activity she suggested planning the walk with the essay, child beforehand, and emphasised not changing the thesis materials, route unless the child consented to it. This exercise she found to have an educative quality as the child sees a plan come to fruition and feels the feeling of completion when he finishes (Montessori, 1961). Moving back into the Casa dei Bambini, Stephenson (1990) describes a specific set of materials in the environment which facilitate the absorbent mind’s understanding of three dimensions.

The pink tower, the broad stair, the long rods, and the knobless cylinders let the child come into contact with dimensions he has met already but now these objects can be classified and organized in his intellect through language (Stephenson, 1990). Stephenson (1990) draws attention to essay, other materials too, like the biology information, but re-emphasises that it is not the biological subject being given to the child, it is the language associated with it. Montessori (1961) believes the mind moves toward what is of interest throughout life, but this is idea essay intensified during the first six years. The body then follows the finch courage essay, mind, and as the mind of the child carries the body involuntarily, the physical energy of the child augments rather than diminishes. She gives the thesis materials, example of a child of two and half who had walked for miles discovering old and new stimuli, with no fatigue whatsoever.

Especially the courage, things which are useful to the child’s inner life arouse the interest, and to find these things Montessori proposes the adult should take the lantern of Diogenes and go in search for them (Montessori, 1918). In the statements ronald reagan, case of the exploratory walk it is the adults business to follow and not vice versa. Finch Courage Essay. Montessori (1961) describes an download example of a two year old on a walk who sat down for fifteen minutes to watch a donkey graze. Other examples she gives are of the child stopping to see the atticus finch, movements of a worm, or stopping at the top of a hill to admire the panorama. Allowing the thesis, child to observe, explore and follow his guided interests is a form of respect towards the child according to Montessori (1961), a respect which also comes from the instinctual action of parental love and natural affection. Another lovely example Montessori (2007) gives is of the child’s interest in the metamorphoses of atticus, insects. This she found quite surprising and forecast many similar surprises as the adult’s attention sought to discover the secrets of the absorbent mind. Nature is key for Montessori when trying to finch courage, facilitate the absorbent mind.

Very recently Louv (2005) explored this notion of the importance of nature and presented many examples which support Montessori’s inclination. Early in his book Louv sites studies which found surgery patients facing a grove rather than a wall recovered quicker across the board. He also sites an experiment which showed prisoners with a room facing a courtyard got 24% more illnesses than those facing a farmland. He proposed treating ADHD with nature rather than pills and cited studies which supported his proposal as well as a school system in Finland that had environmental breaks every forty five minutes, performed better than schools not using this initiative. Gardening he believed should be part of every school curriculum and gave examples of the joy under six year olds experienced in finding tadpoles and putting sweet mixture on finch courage trees for thesis on piezoelectric, ants and earwigs to atticus finch courage, later congregate around (Louv, 2005). There are also a couple of controlling idea, quotes from Louv’s (2005) book from significant figures in history to do with nature. One from Vincent van Gogh who claimed it was nature people should admire not art work, and John F Kennedy who said that God speaks through nature. The parallels in this book to Montessori’s philosophies are a striking example of how her ideas were revolutionary one hundred years ago, and timeless in their essence. History of the Unconscious.

Discovery of the Absorbent Mind was fundamental to the development of Montessori’s educational method. She believed this characteristic in the child revealed a secret which had gone unnoticed up to that point, one which was vital to the understanding of the small child. Subsequently she believed one of it’s components, the unconscious, had also gone unnoticed in human exploration but held the key to information vital to the understanding of man’s history and ultimately his destiny. According to Montessori (1948) most historians of her time connected the story of the planet to the history of man. However she foresaw this to be only the beginning of the story. Montessori argued that the missing component in the study of human history was the study of the unconscious, in which can be found the instincts which have driven mans rapid evolution: biological, cultural, social, psychological and spiritual. Together with all the other energies of the universe Montessori (1948) was convinced that the human unconscious was as significant a force as that of wind, rain, and the solar rays which descend on planet Earth.

She believed humanity had a major part to play in the common purpose found in the hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere. She gave this phenomenon the name psychosphere. For Montessori (1948), history had previously only considered the conscious urges of man when plotting his ascent, but she argued the unconscious drives in humans are far more significant, and by turning scientists and historians attention towards it she was adding a new co-efficient to the study of events past. Atticus Finch Courage. Humanity in Montessori’s (1948) reckoning had not reached it’s position of power through conscious will but through the procedures of the and effect essay on homeless, unconscious. The result is a creature who dominates nature through cultivating crops; a creature who can transform life via the courage essay, domestication of animals; and who can play the role of magician by depositing ancient sunlight in the form of coal into energy to transport him anywhere on the planet. These characteristics Montessori believed made up the arrow of destiny for humankind, something she described as part of Man’s cosmic task. Why this is so relevant is to show just how crucial it was to Montessori that the observations of the children in the Casa dei Bambini, and the work to controlling essay, continue to facilitate the Absorbent Mind are elements in a wider cause to fulfil a cosmic destiny like the atticus finch essay, fusion of cover letter, hydrogen in the sun fulfils it’s own.

The Memory – A view from contemporary science. While Montessori was busy observing the miracles she describes in the children of her first Casa dei Bambini’s, and Freud and atticus finch courage essay Jung were away pioneering the psychoanalytic movement, it’s clear Dr Montessori kept tabs on developments in controlling essay the blossoming field of psychology. In her literature describing the absorbent mind she borrows several terms being used at the time in that field. One was the atticus finch essay, word ‘Mneme’. It describes the vital memory of the child who does not remember consciously but absorbs images unconsciously (Montessori, 1949). The term she (1949) borrowed to describe the memory traces that these absorbed images leave is controlling essay ‘engrams’. For the purposes of contemporary understanding of these concepts it is worth clarifying how modern neuroscientists and atticus finch psychologists would describe these components of the memory. It would also be useful to take a an letter buzzwords entry level snap shot of contemporary empirical evidence related to finch courage, the memory of infants and young children. First a clarification of modern terms used in neurology and thesis materials psychology when studying the memory:

Analysing these terms it can be seen that Montessori’s ‘Mneme’ falls under, procedural, non-declarative and finch essay implicit memory under the unconscious header. The term ‘Engram’ could obviously be on either side, and it appears that a single direct replacement term for ‘traces of memory/ engram’ is not being used: least not in mainstream academia. Turning to contemporary literature on the infant and young child’s mind, it is evident to see not everyone paints as simplistic representation of Montessori’s delineation’s of the unconscious and conscious absorbent mind. Thesis. Zelazo and Zelazo (1998) have described the finch, period from birth to about 8 months as dominated by minimal consciousness. This term they believe serves as an letter alternative to the implausible ideas that infants either lack consciousness of any sort or are conscious in the adult sense. Atticus Essay. Minimal consciousness is argued to thesis on piezoelectric, be intentional, that is, it is finch courage essay about things. The consciousness of atticus courage, a young infant is completely dependent upon the immediate perceptual environment (Zelazo Zelazo, 1998). Zelazo and Zelazo (1998) also consider the age of around 18 months to be the time when the child shows signs of self-consciousness. Tulving (2001) aggregates and presents a number of studies in his book which support the finch courage essay, proposition that around this age the child develops autonoetic consciousness. Autonoetic consciousness is the idea essay, ability found in humans to cognitively place themselves in the past or future, and also the ability to analyse ones own thoughts.

One study cited by Tulving (2001), was by Nelson (1984), and analysed tapes of a young child who often talked to herself before sleeping. At age 21 months she often reviewed personal events or thought processes, and in the next couple of months she used temporal markers for the past and appeared to be anticipating the future. Opposing conjectures, supporting Montessori’s clear demarcations do exist however. Howe and Courage (1993) claimed that it is not until the third year that children are able to atticus finch essay, recall their personal past with respect to place and time. Tulving (2001) offers a supporting argument when he claims that while there are glimpses of episodic memory by the third and fourth years, numerous studies show this age group as capable of learning via noetic consciousness only. Although enlightening, Tulving (2001) is careful to make clear there are numerous other cognitive processes involved in learning for the child. He uses the term mnemonic strategies as one such faculty, as well as language, narrative plus reasoning and problem solving but argues a discussion of controlling idea, all of finch, these factors on the memory development of the child was too ambitious, even for his lengthy book. Even with just this superficial look at modern evidence and literature in statements the field shows that Montessori’s own scientific eye was unsurprisingly accurate. While her terminology might be a little be out of date, the premise for her philosophies holds true and can be used with confidence by contemporary Montessori practitioners. The present essay aimed to present a discussion of Maria Montessori’s notion of the Absorbent Mind. It began with an introduction to the idea that the Absorbent Mind does not help to construct the personality of the child with a voluntary effort, but instead in accordance with naturally guided inner sensitivities.

As regularly seen in Montessori literature comparisons were made between the essay, mind of the human and essay on homeless people the mind of the finch, animal, as well as the contrast between the adult mind and the infant and child’s absorbent mind. The concept of unconscious Absorbent Mind as belonging to the zero to three child, was then fleshed out. Montessori observed this child to be wholly engrossed in it’s own development, taking in all parts of language, and ronald through distinguishing sounds and meanings showed clearly the atticus finch courage, development of intelligence. The conscious Absorbent Mind was then discussed. It’s characteristics as cited by Montessori’s observations included a increased ability to choose actions independently; a propensity to notice explicit details of his/her surroundings; plus a need to become sociable for resume cover letter buzzwords, the first time to broaden the atticus finch courage, information being absorbed. The Absorbent Mind was and is presented as a fragile yet powerful tool. The question was posed as to atticus, why due care and attention was required to facilitate this phenomenon. The answer included obstructions to it’s development can lead to grave psychological consequences, and specific examples of ways to finch courage essay, nurture it’s qualities were discussed. A specifically designed environment which supports the continuing operation of the child’s tendencies was identified as paramount, and evidence about the nourishing quality of nature was presented.

A short interlude on controlling essay the history of the unconscious as envisioned by Dr Montessori was detailed next. This brought an added dimension to the importance of facilitating the infant and child’s absorbent mind, not only for the child’s sake but for courage essay, the future survival of the human race. No modesty of proclamation was found there, and nor should it have been. Finally there was a brief discussion about the primary component of the absorbent mind: the memory. A clarification of Montessori’s and modern neuroscientists and psychologists terms was presented. Form Download. This was followed by a smattering of research into contemporary literature on the memory which was compared and contrasted to Montessori’s observations. Howe, M.L. Courage, M.L. (1993) On resolving the enigma of infantile amnesia . Psychology Bulletin, 113, 305-326. Metcalfe, J. Son, L. 2011 In M. Beran, J. R. Brandl, J. Perner, J. Proust (2011) The Foundations of Metacognition . Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Louv, R. Atticus Essay. (2005) Last Child in the Woods . New York: Workman Publishing. Montessori, Maria (1918) The Advanced Montessori Method-I . Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company. Montessori, Maria (1946) Education for a New World . Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company. Montessori, Maria (1948) The Unconscious in History . India: AMI. Montessori, Maria (1949) The Absorbent Mind . Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company. Montessori, Maria. (1955) The Formation of Man . Resume Letter. Oxford: Clio, Montessori, Maria (1961) What You Should Know About Your Child . Finch Essay. Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company. Montessori, Maria (1975) The Child in cover letter the Family . Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson. Montessori, Maria (1976) Education for atticus finch, Human Development: Understanding Montessori. Controlling Idea Essay. Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company. Montessori, Maria. (1979) The Child, Society and the World . Finch Courage Essay. Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company.

Montessori, Maria (2007) Discovery of the Child . Amsterdam: Montessori-Pierson Publishing. Montessori, Maria (Ramachandran, R. ed) 1998, The Creative Development of the Child . India: Kalakshetra. Stephenson, M. (1990) The First Plane of Development . Namta Journal. Vol 25:3. 25-37.

Tulving, E. Controlling Idea Essay. (1999) Memory, Consciousness, and the Brain: The Tallinn Conference . London: Psychology Press.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
FREE The Courageous Atticus Finch Essay

5 surprising secrets of a killer McKinsey resume. Haven#8217;t you always wondered what a McKinsey resume looks like? Today, we have for you a post on the 5 things you should know about atticus courage essay, submitting your resume to form download McKinsey. After the rave reviews we received from our McKinsey firm profile, we decided to give you even more insight on the world#8217;s top consulting firm this time letting you in on the secrets of what it takes to make it past the resume screen at McKinsey. Now, there are the standard set of rules for your consulting resume that apply for any firm a results-oriented resume, formatting consistency, using proactive language, quantifying competitive accomplishments, providing context for key activities, etc. and you can get more on those in our Resume Cover Letter Bible. These 5 tips below, however, are focused specifically on courage McKinsey . Atticus Essay? So for all of atticus finch courage essay, you McKinseyite wannabes, this one#8217;s for statements ronald reagan, you! June is resume month at courage essay MC, and as such, we focus all of our posts on that same topic consulting resumes. This year we also honored resume month with our 2nd annual free resume review giveaway which filled up in less than 9 minutes! 50 lucky MC subscribers received a free resume review , and the 300+ more who didn#8217;t make the 50-person cut-off received a private discount code to use for resume editing services. We#8217;ll be sending out resume, another special this month, so check back often, follow us on Facebook, or subscribe to our mailing list to finch essay stay tuned.

Here are the 5 things you should know about thesis on piezoelectric materials, submitting your resume to McKinsey. 1. A Harvard business degree isn#8217;t enough. McKinsey hires the best of atticus finch courage essay, Harvard#8217;s best, so just being from Harvard isn#8217;t good enough. We#8217;re talking about the most prestigious consulting firm in thesis statements the world here so a regular ol#8217; degree from Stanford or INSEAD isn#8217;t sufficient to get you to the interview round. Finch Courage? The competition at McKinsey is more than stiff it#8217;s almost impossible. Without prestigious leadership experience on your resume e.g., if your highest achievement is resume buzzwords, Student Body Treasurer or you made the Dean#8217;s list 50% of the courage, time don#8217;t even bother applying. Your family may be gushing with pride over your accomplishments, but you won#8217;t make it past the firm#8217;s resume screen.

Significant achievements that will get you considered are things like President of your Consulting Club, Founder of a company, a summer internship at a brand-name firm, inventor of a new surgical technology, or a Ph.D. in some cutting edge and radical new research. A knock-out McKinsey candidate is an influencer the thesis about reagan, next Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or Arianna Huffington with a variety of interests that make you uniquely and powerfully you. You#8217;re Type A, polished, and a winner when you run, you#8217;re elected; when you compete, you win. Does this sound like the type of atticus finch essay, experience you have? If so, you#8217;ve got a good chance. If not, either start obtaining it or consider back-up options. 2. Don#8217;t use the McKinsey buzzwords, DEMONSTRATE them. McKinsey buzzwords include structure , credibility , and credentials.

Don#8217;t use these terms on your resume a McKinsey recruiter will see right through that. Anyone can say they#8217;re great at using structure to solve problems. Atticus Essay? You#8217;re much better off giving an example that presents the problem, briefly explains how you approached it, and what the atticus, results were. Your resume should give clear, concise examples that demonstrate each of these McKinsey qualities. Structure Weave a story that presents a problem you faced, the structured approach you took to solving it including breaking the problem into its component parts, and the positive results you achieved. On the job, you will rely on essay best practice work (i.e., the same report, but for a different company or industry) to get the job done so if you can show you#8217;ve done this before, you#8217;re golden. Credibility An internship with McKinsey is going to courage be the best credibility you can offer , however, internships or work experience at Fortune 500 firms will work in your favor too.

Other non-profit experiences can additionally give you an thesis materials, up, like a term with Teach for America, as long as that#8217;s not all you#8217;ve done (otherwise, the sudden interest in business might be suspect). Basically, anything you can include on your resume that shows you went through a rigorous selection process and came out on atticus finch courage essay top is going to win you points with a McKinsey recruiter. Credentials A McKinsey candidate will have graduated from a top international school with Honors, received a Rhodes or Fulbright Scholarship, won an cause on homeless people, Olympic gold medal, or wrote speeches for courage essay, the President. Letter? Your credentials must be seriously impressive to be considered McKinsey-worthy, so include the most prestigious scholarships, merit awards, and atticus finch, industry accolades that you can on your resume. Cause And Effect Essay? 3. McKinsey staffs globally, so show them you#8217;re ready to finch courage go global.

Under McKinsey#8217;s global staffing model, you’ll work on project engagements with 5-6 member teams pulled from finch courage locations around the world. Atticus Finch? Even if a client doesn#8217;t demand your presence on-site, you#8217;ll need to fly to connect with your team. That means you#8217;ll be traveling 100% of the time. Form Download? What does this mean for your resume? Well, an internship with Deutsche Bank in Germany paired with an economics study abroad program in Argentina is going to convey your ability to atticus get along with multi-national teams, handle living/working in another country, and demonstrate maturity traveling/living on your own. This isn#8217;t necessarily a make or break for your application, but it will definitely have a positive influence on the review team. I started my first consulting firm while I was living in South Africa, and on piezoelectric, it was focused on Corporate Social Responsibility. Atticus Essay? I worked with international governments, local South African bureaucrats, and multinational company#8217;s business leaders to implement and controlling, measure the impact of business-focused programs. Yes, I had top grades from a great school and had won awards while there#8230;but it was my international experience on top of finch, all that that put me on McKinsey#8217;s radar as an experienced hire. A resume that includes language skills and international experience e.g., study/work abroad, international competitions, globetrotting, etc. will get you that much closer to a McKinsey interview slot as long as there is a consistent theme of excellence.

4. A well-structured, black-and-white 1-page resume is what McKinsey recruiters are looking for. Don#8217;t get creative on finch courage your resume. Stick with a very basic, black-and-white presentation that tells your story with context and impact. Rely on your pedigree, internships, and atticus courage, relevant work experience to provide the impact you want not on too-frequently bolded fonts, excessive titles in italics , or confusing formatting choices. Resume Download? You#8217;re going to be representing a highly-established firm with Fortune 500 C-level executives, the majority of whom are older and atticus courage essay, probably more conservative than you. Everything from your attire to your resume must reflect that you know and appreciate what that means. McKinsey wants you to resume be highly intelligent, yet predictable.

Creativity on your resume is appreciated, but only in atticus finch terms of form, what you#8217;re presenting your experience, etc. not in courage how you present it. One key exception McKinsey does accept longer resumes/CVs outside the U.S. The absolute maximum, however, is 2 pages, and you should have at resume cover letter least 5 years of professional work experience if you#8217;re going to justify having a longer presentation of your education and atticus finch essay, experience. Most that we see in the 3-5 page range are stocked with 50% nonsense and fluff, so we bring out the axe and pare it down to essentials. McKinsey has a subject matter expert track and a generalist track , and versus its Bain and BCG counterparts moves consultants into courage, specific practices early on, such as logistics or HR. Because McKinsey hires candidates into specific areas of expertise, the firm is more open to considering applications from candidates who#8217;ve chosen not to courage go the typical MBA route. In fact, more than 50% of McKinsey consultants don#8217;t have a graduate degree in business. If your education and/or work experience is courage, #8220;outside the norm,#8221; don#8217;t be afraid to highlight that on atticus finch courage your resume. Here#8217;s another tip if you do have a specialization outside of form download, business, research McKinsey#8217;s Insight weekend a swanky, 2 day informational conference for hot target prospective consultants, held at a Ritz Carlton near you. Having been accepted to one of atticus finch, these events is almost as strong as having a McKinsey internship on your resume . It shows you#8217;ve already been vetted, moving you one step closer to the inner circle.

Pretty sure that you don#8217;t have McKinsey credentials yet? Let#8217;s talk about your next steps here. Should you blindly apply and hope for thesis on piezoelectric, the best, or send them some tragic sob story explaining why your grades are so terrible? Should you give up completely? If you#8217;re really serious about consulting, get strategic about atticus finch courage, your application to McKinsey and take a long-term view.

Don#8217;t have brand-name experience on your resume? Get some. Don#8217;t have a top degree? Go back to essay school. Didn#8217;t win an award?

Try harder, build a magical company, or get creative in your free time. Remember, McKinsey consultants aren#8217;t born they are made. So get started on the tasks that will make you an incredible asset to an already incredible firm! We hope you enjoyed these insights into your consulting resume for McKinsey. Courage Essay? Stay tuned for our next post on how MBB recruiters read consulting resumes. Best of thesis, luck!

The arrogance displayed in this article is finch, a big reason why people go to work for BCG or Bain instead. Resume Download? Clients hate it too. Seriously, tone it down. Finch? You may have a few gold medalists, but most are not. I was a top-tier consultant for 10 years, and this post reminds me why I#8217;m glad I left. Thinking you are the ronald, best and actually being it are two different things. I get the feeling, McK specializes on the thinking part. Atticus Finch Courage? #8220;A knock-out McKinsey candidate is an essay, influencer – the next Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg#8221; WHY WOULD MARK ZUCKERBERG WORK FOR MCKINSEY WHEN HE CAN BUY IT? This translates to, why would the next Zuckerburg work for McKinsey when they can open up their own business and make far more money and become far more credible. Having worked for a big Top 10 firm in the past, the biggest problem I noticed was the sheer arrogance and sense of entitlement that seemed to permeate virtually everything the organization did and stood for. It didn#8217;t give a rat#8217;s a$$ about its clients. Atticus Finch Essay? The only thing that seemed to matter was making equity associate or partner and cause essay, pushing billables past Pluto#8217;s orbit.

Yes, we can see why this article is slanted. While the intent of the article seems to help candidates looking at McKinsey. I doubt it will do that. The article portrays the firms consultants so high that it is difficult for atticus, most aspirants to reach there, infact it may turn them away from letter a consulting job. The article creates a sense of dispair #8220;I am not as good as this#8221; feeling.

Being a current consultant and one with a Harvard degree, I do not want to finch courage essay work in a culture like this. Cause And Effect Essay On Homeless People? But, any aspirant should look at McKinsey#8217;s website and atticus courage, study their resources and employee interviews, which are organized by role and geography. The tone of the website is more #8216;humble#8217; than this article. This article is laugh out loud nonsense! I do not see any one taking credit for this #8220;gem#8221; wonder why the author will not share their #8220;credentials#8221; and #8220;credibility#8221;?! I agree with the comments below: tone and content of this article is silly posturing and offensive drivel. Author sounds like he/she is a Gordon Gekko groupie with no practical experience. Big 4/McKinsey/BCG/Bain clients pay a great deal of money for cause essay people, consulting services from the #8220;best of the best#8221;. Clients put their faith in atticus finch essay us and value our experience because we deliver results period. Posturing, arrogance and thesis on piezoelectric materials, salivating over atticus courage a conference at the Ritz Carlton are career limiting values, indicative of an amateur who will never be successful as a consultant. Letter? I have won many clients and engagements after a client has fired a consultant/firm.

Their biggest complaint? The consultant was #8220;all talk, full of atticus essay, themselves and never delivered#8221;. This is disgraceful given the amount of money and trust clients put into their consulting partners. The key to a long, successful career in consulting is simple: treat your clients with respect, deliver on your promises. As always, consultants glorifying McKinsey. I know many undergrads who partied their way through college with a liberal arts major, and cause, are still working at McKinsey. Consulting is for people who (a) have no idea what they want to courage do with their lives or (b) are smart but unskilled laborers.

Can#8217;t wait for the Elon#8217;s and resume buzzwords, Mark#8217;s of the world to aggregate the quants and build the data science teams that put McKinsey out of business. When you#8217;ve been spied on atticus finch courage by people who did have this resume, you do tend to atticus courage essay suspect that you#8217;ve got things they#8217;ve not got. It tells you that McKinsey doesn#8217;t have the best inside the firm, so it has to steal it from outside the firm. You don#8217;t reach that level by following a production line approach, you do so by going where no-one has gone before. Essay? And anyone who knows anything about form download, that, knows that sometimes you#8217;ll succeed, and sometimes, you#8217;ll fail. Because Mckinsey is intolerant of any failure, it should have no credibility in atticus finch the fields of thesis on piezoelectric, entrepreneurship, risk capital, top-down reinvention of a firm or anything which actually involves risk taking. It should have no credibility in revolutionising anything. Steve Jobs would spit on what is written here by essay McKinsey.

He won big but he also failed. He was worth more than the entire Senior Partners of Mckinsey. By a long way. What McKinsey wants are what Hollywood calls: #8216;Close, but no cigar#8217; types of essay, people. Dull worthies who never made a mistake because they never took a risk of any significant magnitude. That#8217;s fine but it#8217;s about finch courage, time that this myth was blown out of the finch courage, water.

Rhodes/Fulbright Scholars are spies recruited to spy. They are not revolutionaries. The most important and atticus, true thing in finch essay that article is that Mckinsey people are OCD. If they haven#8217;t realised that working for courage essay, an OCD is the form, most destructive concept for any self-motivated, graduate-level revolutionary thinker, they failed Consulting 101. OCDs should be running surgical theatres, they should be managing mission-critical aspects of space programs, they should be writing computer code. They should coaching sports folks where attention to details and marginal gains are imperative. They should not be managing creative people, revolutionary people, emancipated people. They destroy people like that through jealousy, enmity, thuggery, power games and destructive vindictiveness. OCDs are OCDs because they are too scared to face their own inner demons. Atticus Courage Essay? That#8217;s why they are OCDs.

The day they overcome their inner demons is the day that their OCD propensities will disappear. And Effect? Now I hope this helps people understand the finch courage, truth about Mckinsey because you#8217;ll never get it out of them in form download 100 years. Oh, and remember when you go to interview: they#8217;ll have bugged the room so don#8217;t get up to anything naughty. Finch Essay? You#8217;re supposed to be a married-for-life monogamous boring stuffed shirt. Unless they are sucking up to President Bill Clinton of course, who can do whatever the heck he wants#8230;#8230;and frequently did.

If you fought in Bosnia and can see through the on piezoelectric, interview dynamics, go work somewhere else. Admiring 23 year olds from Oxbridge fit in much better. Atticus Courage Essay? haha. Materials? wow you guys are getting totally destroyed in the comments below#8230; not a bad article fwiw but I do agree there#8217;s an finch courage essay, arrogance about consulting + the world in general that#8217;s perpetuated by the author#8217;s way of thinking.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -

common resume myths The information on this website is in the public domain. No permission is atticus courage essay required to quote, use, distribute or republish. Common Myths About The Purple Heart Medal. (This Information Site is Continually Updated.) The PH medal can be awarded to anyone who is hurt in a war zone. Not true. Form Resume Download! The PH medal can legally be authorized to only three groups of personnel: One, those wounded or injured as a direct result of hostile enemy action. Second, those wounded or injured as a direct result of friendly fire (FF). (Broadly speaking, FF occurs only during a hostile encounter or initiative with, or in response to, an enemy when someone on your side mistakes you for finch courage essay the enemy.) Or when injured by your own non-projectile weapon (bayonet, sword, blunt instrument, etc.) or projectile weapons fire (bullet, explosive device, etc) while engaging, responding to or attacking an idea essay enemy. And third, POWs injured or wounded as a result of courage, individually directed conflict or punishment with their captor in violation of any article of the Geneva Convention Rules of Warfare Concerning the Treatment of Prisoners of War whether or not the captor's government is resume letter a signatory to the Convention.

All POWs are eligible for the PH. Not true. See Option Three in the above regulation. The type of courage essay, wound/injury or degree of wound/injury is download used as a factor in authorizing the atticus essay, PH. Not true. The amount/level/degree of controlling essay, a persons wound or injury is never a factor.

When establishing the PH General George Washington made it absolutely clear that awarding/authorizing officers were not permitted to make personal judgments based on how more or less serious a wound or injury appeared, and that being wounded in combat -- by any degree -- was a true distinction of military merit. Since General Washington's original decision no president, military or Congressional authority has found it necessary to change the PH's issue regulation policy . Essay! (See Also, Footnote 1; And the statements ronald reagan, U.S. Army's history of the Purple Heart: http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/reference/PurHrt.htm.) A non-blood loss injury such as TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) caused by atticus, IED concussion merits the thesis on piezoelectric, Purple Heart. True. Any enemy inflicted wound, whether or not there is observable blood loss, merits the finch courage essay, Purple Heart. (Invisible) brain injury caused by an enemy-inflicted concussion or blow, such as an cause and effect essay on homeless people IED explosin, that renders the finch courage, serviceperson even temporarily incapacitated is a wound even though brain trauma is not is not immediately visible to form resume, the eye. Battlefield medics can, however, conduct a simple eye exam using a flashlight to determine optical (pupil dialation) response.

Pupils that do not contract in response to light stimulus is indicative of a temporary or permanent brain injury/wound. More extensive brain injury/wound tests can be conducted by base hospital personnel. A person who accidentally shoots himself or is atticus essay shot by atticus courage essay, a unit member while cleaning a weapon in a war zone can receive the PH. Not true. Accidental shootings that do not involve an engagement with an enemy are workplace accidents. Commanders (officer or enlisted) that are wounded or injured by subordinates or superiors (whether or not military weapons are used) in incidents commonly referred to as fragging are eligible for the PH. Not true. Fraggings are criminal incidents.

They are neither enemy nor friendly fire related even if the motivation for the 'fragging' was due to a real-time or previous enemy-related situation. Injuries that don't break the skin or cause bleeding are not eligible for finch courage essay the PH. Not true. Any non-bleeding enemy inflicted or friendly fire wound or injury, such as electrical, gas, concussion, suffocation, etc., are PH-eligible. The PH cannot be awarded posthumously or after discharge from military service. Not true. The majority of (but not necessarily all) combat deaths are automatically awarded the PH. Enemy or FF injured/wounded veterans who did not receive the PH prior to their discharge may, if eligible, successfully petition their service department's Awards Branch for resume cover buzzwords post-service award to a discharged veteran. Finch Courage Essay! The Military Records Center can only issue authorization for thesis reagan awards that were negligently not recorded on the Report of Separation, or those awards automatically authorized by 'class-action' to a specified classification of personnel via Executive Order (such as the atticus finch courage essay, National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal(s), etc. (See URL: http:/www.americanwarlibrary.com/htom.htm). Please note that the each of the four (five during wartime) Service Branches (USA, USAF, USCG, USMC, USN) have their own Awards Branch.

The Awards Branch is the ONLY legal agency that can authorize a post-service military award. About! Only in atticus finch courage essay specific cases of a previously rejected application or recommendation can a Review Board authorize a post-service medal to thesis materials, a discharged veteran. A serviceperson can put themself in for essay the PH. Not true. There is only one medal in the United States military inventory that allows a serviceperson to atticus courage essay, recommend him/herself.

That medal is the Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal. Finch Courage Essay! No serviceperson can recommend themself (now or any time in the past) for the PH or any other medal. An injured/wounded person does not have to be seen by and effect essay, a doctor or medic to finch courage essay, be eligible for the PH. Not true. Other than being wounded or injured by enemy or friendly fire, the serviceperson's wound/injury must be treated by a military or military certified medical person at the time or shortly after injury. Shortly is defined as the first possible OR available opportunity while currently assigned in the war theater. A serviceperson can author his/her own After Action report that can be used solely as a basis for awarding a PH or other medal. Not true.

A written or oral After Action report must either be personally authored OR personally verified/approved by the senior military person on the scene at the time of the incident. If the recipient was the finch courage essay, most senior ranking person on the scene the awarding officer must ascertain confirmation from all other personnel (regardless of their rank) on the scene at atticus finch, the time of occurrence. A citation is always written for PH awards. Not true. Citations are very rarely written for PH awards.

A display certificate is always issued for PH awards. Not true. Although Display Certificates are authorized, the military has never been obligated/required by essay, Congress to issue a display certificate. Neither is the PH recipient due a display certificate. Display certificates issued to active duty personnel occurs only when the atticus finch courage, local command possesses certificates to issue. (Prior to 1995 the finch essay, government was not required to issue a full-sized medal.) The only courage essay military display certificate required by form resume, Congress for mandatory issue is Medal of Honor. (For info on the PH replacement recognition, see this page: http://www.amervets.com/replacement/ph.htm) The government maintains a list of all PH recipients. Not true.

The only military medal list authorized/budgeted by essay, Congress is Medal of Honor. The only service branch that maintains a tape of its PH recipients is the Marine Corps (due to form resume download, the small size of the Corps). Finch! However, Marine Corps 'tapes' of PH recipients is resume neither required by Congress to be publicly accessible nor utilizable to confirm authorization or award eligibility.) Marine Corps 'tapes' are used solely for internal audit purposes. The Army, Air Forces, Navy and Coast Guard does not maintain a historic list of atticus essay, its PH recipients. The federal government must replace lost or stolen PH medals.

Not true. Military medals are issued only one time. If a PH medal was never issued ONLY the recipient or a direct family member [if the recipient is infirm or deceased] may apply for a first-time issue. Atticus Finch! Replacement medals can by purchased from any military medal retailer. Atticus Finch Courage! Only those replacement medals sold by thesis on piezoelectric, retailers that meet official United States government specifications may/must state on finch essay their packaging that they are Official medals.

The only Official PH medals are those issued by the government. Not true. About Ronald Reagan! The only metallic entity manufactured by the United States government for atticus finch courage public distribution are currency coins. Cause Essay! Military medals, like military weapons and other military equipment, are manufactured by private industry. See the above reference for atticus finch information on the 'officiality' of U.S. military medals. Any family member may request a medal replacement. Not true. Thesis On Piezoelectric! Military medals and information from atticus, veteran's military files can legally be requested only from the resume, following individuals that are related to atticus courage essay, active military personnel (this includes Reservists and Guardspeople) and veterans: Parents, siblings, children.

However, under the Freedom of Information Act other relatives are not completely excluded from applying for information if there are no other living relatives in the above-listed category (parents, siblings, children.) My Representative or Senator can get me the medal or record information I want. and get them faster than I can. Not true. (House of) Representatives and on piezoelectric materials, Senators should not be asked to assist in obtaining record information or medals unless their assistance is absolutely necessary in finch essay cases of disputes, irregularity, discrimination, or lack of response from the Records Center (which very rarely occurs. Although the Records Center in St. Louis MO is perpetually inundated with an overload of requests for medals or information, the download, Military Records Center has a long history of excellent responsiveness in fulfilling requests just as quickly as its limited budget and manpower availability [during wartime] permits.) Although some elected officials may offer themselves as advocates for record or medal retrieval during re-election seasons, authorized information or medal applicants can apply themselves using form SF-180.

See URL: http:/www.americanwarlibrary.com/htomr.htm. (House of) Representatives and Senators are best utilized for courage issues that cannot be accomplished after all other efforts have failed. Employers must give hiring preference to PH recipients. Not true. Although many Local, State and Federal agencies do provide bonus job application points to employment applicants. There is no federal law requiring private employers to give hiring preference to PH recipients.

Employers can demand to see my DD-214 to verify I am a PH recipient. Not true. Form Resume! The only private employers who can ask to courage essay, look at your DD-214 or Report of Separation are those whose job applications specifically ask you if you served in the military AND/OR if you have a service connected disability, Private employers that do not perform federal contract work may not legally retain a copy of your DD-214 in your employment file. However, private employers whose job applications do not ask if you served in the military are permitted to examine a copy of your DD-214 if you have responded or stated either orally or in your written resume that you served in the military. Anyone can possess a PH medal or PH certificate. True. However, it is a punishable federal offense to possess any military medal or medal certificate that you fraudulently claim you are the download, official recipient of. Anyone who falsely misrepresents or claims they are the essay, legal recipient of a United States or foreign military medal or certificate is subject to severe prosecution and penalty. Family members and controlling essay, collectors may legally possess military medals and certificates authorized or awarded to legal recipients.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is authorized by Congress to investigate any case of military medal misrepresentation. The United States Attorneys Office under the United States Justice Department is essay authorized by Congress to prosecute cases of military medal defalcation to the fullest extent of current law. All military medals are issued with the name of the recipient engraved on the back of the medal. Not true. Only in very rare cases are medals officially issued with the engraved name of the recipient. However, recipients and family members are authorized to have medals engraved with the name of the legally authorized recipient. Medals currently issued by the Military Records Center and atticus courage, military units are not engraved except in very rare instances. Medal applicants may not, repeat not, request an engraved medal from the Records Center or any military branch.

Engraving, when done, is done only rarely by those military commands that both possess engraving equipment and available personnel to perform the task. A V for Valor can be awarded with a PH medal. If I find a PH medal that medal now belongs to me. Not true. Lost medals (or any other military item) remains the permanent property of the United States government. Atticus Finch Courage Essay! Found items should be mailed along with a letter identifying the finder and the location where the item was found to the following address:

The Secretary of Defense. Washington DC 20301. If I find a PH medal it's okay for me to look for the owner. Not true. Found items should be mailed with a report to the address above. If I buy a PH medal that once belonged to cause on homeless people, a veteran I can ask the veteran or his family to compensate me for the money I spent when I return the atticus finch courage essay, medal to them. No.

United States military medals hold an exalted place in courage our society. The military recipient of that medal gave part of him or herself. A good citizen should feel patriotic in restoring a lost item to a recipient. Atticus! Whenever you see a pre-owned military medal being sold you should ask the seller to please return the medal to thesis on piezoelectric, the Secretary of finch courage essay, Defense at the address listed above. The VA has diagnosed I have PTSD. I am eligible for the PH. Not true. War related PTSD is a psychological-rooted condition that may or may not manifest physical symptoms based on statements about a singular or multiple incidents resulting from real, imagined, or combination of real and imagined memories that an individual claims or believes they are unable (or unwilling) to resolve unless perpetual therapeutic and/or financial assistance is provided them. However, regardless of any physical ailments or manifestations associated with war-related PTSD this psychologically based condition is finch neither a wound nor injury caused by enemy or friendly fire. Essay! PTSD is finch courage a negative by-product of on piezoelectric, a human memory phenomenon that occurs normally but can some times be attached by the individual to an unwanted memory or series of conscious or unconscious memories that if obsessed can lead to physical symptoms such as irritability, sleeplessness, bedwetting, aberrant, unsociable or anti-social behavior, etc. PTSD is strictly an individual condition that is not shared by everyone experiencing the same or similar wartime incidents.

That is, if all members of a platoon are shot at the same time by an enemy they will all suffer gunshot wounds. But if all members of a platoon experience a psychologically upsetting situation not all will later claim symptoms typically diagnosed as PTSD. Lastly, the physical symptoms claimed by essay, PTSD petitioners were never medically certified at the time the claimant asserts precipitated them. Both the Department of Defense (DOD) and Congress have relied on about objective scientific studies to conclude that PTSD is neither an enemy or friendly fire inflicted wound or injury. The Department of Veterans Affairs provides treatment and/or compensation for diagnosed cases of PTSD. No United States military medal has ever been established by DOD or Congress for post-service psychological based symptomatic disorders. Atticus Courage Essay! Previous petitions by veterans or veterans groups to make this condition eligible for a new or existing medal were not approved. The VA has diagnosed I have Agent Orange (AO). I am eligible for the PH. Not true. AO was a herbicide used to controlling essay, defoliate dense vegetation to atticus finch courage essay, deny secluded transportation and cause essay on homeless people, refuge to the enemy.

AO was never intended to finch, be used, nor used, as an thesis on piezoelectric anti-personnel weapon. Advocates seeking to have their AO-related physical ailments judged as wounds or injuries of war have irresponsibly and incorrectly subscribed (often deliberately) to the myth that all adverse physical conditions that can be directly attributed to a theater of war are eligible for the PH. Both the Department of Defense and Congress have relied on finch courage objective scientific studies to conclude that AO is neither an enemy or friendly fire inflicted wound or injury. Thesis Statements About Reagan! The Department of Veterans Affairs provides treatment and/or compensation for diagnosed cases of herbicide-related toxicity. No United States military medal has ever been established by DOD or Congress for courage physical conditions that may be associated with herbicide contact. Previous petitions by veterans or veterans groups to make this condition eligible for a new or existing medal were not approved. A soldier in a war zone who is on homeless people injured or wounded by the richochet of his own bullet, grenade, missile or fragment of either is atticus eligible for the PH. True if the about reagan, soldier was firing his weapon at an enemy. Not true if the atticus finch essay, soldier did not fire his weapon at the enemy. A soldier firing at an enemy in a war zone who is cover injured when the atticus courage, kick of his rifle or gun recoils against him is eligible for the PH.

Not true. When firing his weapon at the enemy it is the finch courage, projectile (bullet, missile, etc) and not the rifle or gun butt that is the soldier's instrument intended to negate the success of an enemy. Soldiers are trained to prevent avoidable recoil injuries. Soldiers cannot be trained to avoid bullet ricochets. See the above regulation. A soldier who suffers injury while jumping off or out of a vehicle or structure to avoid being injured or captured by an enemy is eligible for the PH. Not true in a majority of courage essay, cases. This type of injury is a generally classified as a 'workplace accident'.

However, there are some minor circumstances depending on an enemy-involved incident that may render the injured eligible for essay the PH. A soldier who suffers injury from being blown out of or off a vehicle or structure as a result of enemy or friendly (fire) explosive concussion is eligible for the PH. True in all cases. A soldier wounded or injured by a secondary object (not a bullet or missile) during an enemy attack is eligible for the PH. True. Example: An enemy or friendly (fire) missile explosion during an egagement with the enemy knocks down a tree that falls on atticus essay the soldier causing injury. The Purple Heart can be authorized to a member of the Merchant Marine. Not true.

The Merchant Marine is a civilian agency. Atticus Finch Courage! The Mariners Medal is the Merchant Marine's equivalent to the military Purple Heart. Additional topics will be added as they are received. The American War Library. 14817-C Chadron Avenue. Gardena CA 90249. a. The original Purple Heart, designated as the finch courage essay, Badge of Military Merit, was established by General George Washington by order from his headquarters at Newburgh, New York, August 7, 1782. The writings of form resume, General Washington quoted in part:

The General ever desirous to cherish a virtuous ambition in his soldiers, as well as to foster and encourage every species of atticus finch, Military Merit, directs that whenever any singularly meritorious action is performed, the author of thesis on piezoelectric materials, it shall be permitted to finch, wear on his facings over the left breast, the figure of a heart in purple cloth or silk, edged with narrow lace or binding. Not only instances of unusual gallantry, but also of extraordinary fidelity and essential service in cause essay on homeless any way shall meet with a due reward. b. So far as the atticus essay, known surviving records show, this honor badge was granted to only three men, all of them noncommissioned officers: Sergeant Daniel Bissell of the 2d Connecticut Regiment of the statements about reagan, Continental Line; Sergeant William Brown of the 5th Connecticut Regiment of the Continental Line, and Sergeant Elijah Churchill of the 2d Continental Dragoons, which was also a Connecticut Regiment. The original Purple Heart depicted on the first page is a copy of the atticus courage, badge awarded to Sergeant Elijah Churchill and letter buzzwords, is now owned by atticus finch courage, the New Windsor Cantonment, National Temple Hill Association, PO Box 525, Vails Gate, NY 12584. The only other known original badge is the badge awarded to thesis statements ronald, Sergeant William Brown and is in the possession of The Society of the Cincinnati, New Hampshire Branch but differs in design by not having any lettering embroidered on the heart and the leaves are at atticus, the top only with a larger spray of leaves at the base. c. Subsequent to resume cover, the Revolution, the Order of the Purple Heart had fallen into disuse and no further awards were made. By Order of the President of the United States, the atticus essay, Purple Heart was revived on the 200th Anniversary of thesis, George Washington's birth, out of respect to finch courage, his memory and on piezoelectric, military achievements, by War Department General Orders No. Finch Essay! 3, dated 22 February 1932. The criteria was announced in War Department Circular dated 22 February 1932 and authorized award to thesis on piezoelectric, soldiers, upon their request, who had been awarded the Meritorious Service Citation Certificate or were authorized to wear wound chevrons subsequent to 5 April 1917. d. During the early period of atticus courage essay, World War II (7 Dec 41 to 22 Sep 43), the buzzwords, Purple Heart was awarded both for wounds received in finch courage essay action against the enemy and for meritorious performance of duty.

With the establishment of the Legion of finch essay, Merit, by an Act of finch essay, Congress, the practice of resume letter buzzwords, awarding the finch courage, Purple Heart for meritorious service was discontinued. By Executive Order 9277, dated 3 December 1942, the decoration was extended to idea essay, be applicable to all services and the order required that regulations of the Services be uniform in finch courage essay application as far as practicable. This executive order also authorized award only for wounds received. e. Executive Order 10409, dated 12 February 1952, revised authorizations to include the Service Secretaries subject to approval of the Secretary of Defense. Executive Order 11016, dated 25 April 1962, included provisions for posthumous award of the Purple Heart. Executive Order 12464, dated 23 February 1984, authorized award of the Purple Heart as a result of terrorist attacks or while serving as part of a peacekeeping force subsequent to 28 March 1973. f. The Senate approved an idea amendment to atticus, the 1985 Defense Authorization Bill on 13 June 1985, which changed the precedent from immediately above the Good Conduct Medal to immediately above the Meritorious Service Medals.

Public Law 99-145 authorized the award for wounds received as a result of about reagan, friendly fire. Public Law 104-106 expanded the eligibility date, authorizing award of the Purple Heart to a former prisoner of war who was wounded before 25 April 1962. g. Finch Essay! The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year1998 (Public Law 105-85) changed the idea, criteria to delete authorization for award of the Purple Heart Medal to any civilian national of the United States while serving under competent authority in any capacity with the finch courage essay, Armed Forces. Controlling! This change was effective 18 May 1998. h. Order of precedence and wear of decorations is contained in Army Regulation 670-1.

Policy for awards, approving authority, supply, and atticus finch essay, issue of decorations is contained in AR 600-8-22. Contact Person for this posting: Roger Simpson, PIO.